Missouri-St Louis

Reception Venue like Schlafly?

We are looking for a reception venue for about 150 people.  We loved the location, style, food, and pricing of the Schlafly Club Room (at the Tap Room), but after talking with them they can only do a seated dinner for 120 people.  They can do a cocktail reception for up to 200, but we really wanted to do a buffet style dinner reception.  Our price range is about $6000 for the location, food, and alcohol.  Does anyone know of a venue with the same type of feel and pricing as Schlafly but with a larger capacity?  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Reception Venue like Schlafly?

• You should check out the Lemp Loft, we are having our rehearsal dinner there, it has a similar feel to the Schlafly Tap Room, and it very reasonably priced.  
  • SqWires Annex in Lafayette Square seats up to 150 and has a nice loft-type feel. My fiance and I looked at it a couple weeks ago, and it's nice! Prettier in person than the pics I found online. And quite reasonably priced! The event contact there is Bethany Budde (email info@sqwires.com).
  • We decided on Schlafly, as it fit our needs, but we looked at SqWires in Lafayette Square Park.  

First of all, I love that area. We are actually going to have pictures taken at the park there.  Beautiful little areas. Secondly, PP said it right that it was prettier in person than online - it is very bright and I liked that.  One thing I didn't care for was that some of your guests would have to be seated at a separate space that is kind of overlooking everyone else.  Just my personal opinion though.

Another place that might be worth looking into is Plush St. Louis. I have been to an event there (not a wedding) and it is super cool on the inside.  I loved the bar and it had the perfect place for a cocktail hour that was up above the reception space. Like I said, I don't know ANY details about this place of what it costs, but you should check it out!

543348_480773691944678_1919010228_n
  • maybe check Trailhead in St. Charles.  They are on the river and I know of several friends who had their rehersal dinners there.  They make up a specific menu for you. Don't know if they have space for a reception or not but it's worth asking.
  • When is your wedding? Check out Anheuser-Busch Conference Center at Soccer Park in Fenton, MO. They have an awesome window veranda room!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards