New York-Upstate

Emerson Park, Auburn NY - HELP!

I am having my reception at Emerson Park ballroom on the shores of Owasco lake on 8/6/2011.  I am terrified that I will be sweating hot because they don't have any a/c. the lady told me that they have never received any complaints that the area was too hot and she also said that we could open all the windows and turn on all the fans and it actually gets a nice breeze.  Has anyone ever went to a wedding there before and have opinions about this? any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Emerson Park, Auburn NY - HELP!

• edited December 2011
    I am having my reception at Emerson Park ballroom on the shores of Owasco lake on 8/6/2011.  I am terrified that I will be sweating hot because they don't have any a/c. the lady told me that they have never received any complaints that the area was too hot and she also said that we could open all the windows and turn on all the fans and it actually gets a nice breeze.  Has anyone ever went to a wedding there before and have opinions about this? any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!
  • twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should post this on your local board.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I went to a wedding there on 9/17/09 and it was not too hot. Actually, in the evening it was chilly. The average temp. high  is about 80.

Also, Congrat's and Good Luck! My Wedding is there on 9/3/11 :)
  • edited December 2011
    how do I post to my local board? this website confuses me!
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married there 6/24/11.  I went there last week on the day it got to 90 degrees.  I was there at noon time and sweating in the sun area around the fountain.  I asked the park guy if there was A/C in the two rooms and was told there wasnt.  OMG I paniced since thats what we had thought those vents were for this whole time.  But then once he opened the doors for me, the rooms were surprisingly very cool.  It had also been very warm for the two days prior.  I am confindent that there is nothing to worry about other than for our ceremony outside.  I purchased little hand fans for our guests to use.  If you definately want A/C lowes sells a huge unit for around $500 that would take care of a room that size (It calls for a certain outlet wattage though...which I don't know if that outlet is even at emerson).  Then I have also seen some rental companys who have generator A/C units.  I can't recall who though.  Hope this helps!  Also I have purchased several white chiffon fabric for window treatments, tableclothes, chair covers, chair tiebacks (toffee color), table runners (also toffee), and wall scones.  We will have 80ish guests.  In disgust with rental companies prices I am going to rent out my materials to other brides for more economical prices.  I have no idea what to ask for them and will figure that out after our honeymoon.  If you are interested you can email me at TheMaplewood@aol.com.  Good luck with you planning and have a wonderful day!
  • We looked at The Pavilion at Emerson Park for a possible wedding there this fall or warly spring. They are under rennovations but judging from past picutres, I'm sure it will turn out gorgeous.. But we were wondering how the food was there? Any input??
    Thanks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards