Registry and Gift Forum

Gift for MOH?

I'm been struggling with finding the perfect gift for my MOH (my best friend of 20 years) and finally came up with the idea of a nice jewelry box with her monogram etched in the glass (like this one from Pottery Barn):

Does that seem like an appropriate "thank you" gift for a MOH? Or, if not, I'd love some other suggestions of what people are getting their attendants. FWIW, she's my only attendant (no bridesmaids).
Anniversary

Re: Gift for MOH?

• That's a really nice jewelry box. Not nearly big enough to store all my stuff, but I'm a jewelry whore so...yeah. I agree to not get it monogrammed. Unless she's into that, it will look a bit childish. Depending upon how much you are looking to spend, you could even get get a nice piece of jewelry you tuck inside to start her off.

FWIW:
    I'm getting my MOH a Brunch Basket from Stonewall Kitchens (it has all the fixings for a lovely brunch), a trio set of makeup bags and a Peach Satin Hands treatment from Mary Kay.

I'm getting my BM two leather bound journals (she's a songwriter), a pair of gold/beaded earrings & also the Peach Satin Hands. 
  • I was going to get a jewelry box (also from PB) for my MOH.  I skipped it because she already had one.  I think it's a nice idea.  You could go ahead with the monogram, but only do her first initial.  In lieu of the jewelry box, I got my MOH a pair of earrings from her favorite jewelry store.  For my other BMs, I gave kindles, a bracelet, and travel items for my jet-setting SIL.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think its nice.  I would like it.

I got one of my MOH's an engraved flask (with her first name) and my other MOH a necklace set.  On top of those gifts they each got a personalized hanger, jewelry (earrings, necklace, bracelet) for the wedding, first name on a tote bag, purse that matched their dress, purse perfume, and lip gloss. 
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • I think this is a very nice idea but agreed to skip the monogramme as some people might not like it.
  • I'm getting my mother this personalized blanket and my fiance is giving one to his mom with a slightly different personalization (not yet completely finalized yet) for his mom.
    This is one I'm getting (with the saying shown) from Li'l Inspirations http://www.lil-inspirations.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=93

I know they will use them.  I thought it was great because I could have a nice personalization but on it where it will always be seen and my mom and his mom will actually use them.  What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards