Wedding Etiquette Forum

It's evening over here.

Re: It's evening over here.

• I admire you for waiting to find out Loopy. I don't think I could do it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I originally didn't want to find out but I'm glad we did with all the other stuff going on. Our next one we both agree that we won't be finding out.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My cousin and her H found out with their first, and were surprised with their second.  She said she'll never admit it to her H (he's the one who wanted to be surprised) but there was something extra special about not knowing the sex beforehand.
  • I will say that now we are past surgery for several years, I am getting tired of my friends asking when we are going to have the next one.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That's why I purposely didn't ask C :)
  • It's kinda funny at the same time. We get past this one hurdle and then we add a hurdle to it because we both know we can't, and really won't, raise a second in this apartment. We have a small savings now and our bills are almost gone and the house is the next step. I think E will be 2 or even 3 when we start trying for number 2.
  • Good for you C.  Sounds like you're on the right track.  I'm paying off my student loan tonight/tomorrow and then we only have one CC left to pay off and we debt free except the mortgage on the house in Cleveland.  Then we've got about 10 months to save as much as we can for a downpayment on a house in Colorado.
  • The only debt we will have after we pay everything off is my car which will be done the beginning of next year.
  • Sounds like you are also on the right track.

• We are.  We'd be done with it all by now if I hadn't taken a part time job in order to get moved out to CO with H cause it severely reduced my income, but we're still in good shape, just a little behind our original plan.  Plus the moving expenses are kind of insane.
  • Petal, are you still here?  YGPM.
    imageAnniversary
  • How have you been Tracy?
  • Hey, C!

I'm doing pretty well. I still have my days when I wish I was back home (Mother's Day sucked) but I'm trying to stay positive and keep busy.  I got a job about 2 months ago and it's great; a lot like what I was doing before.  H just finished his first year of grad school last Friday so that was exciting. He has the week off and starts his summer internship on Monday. Yay for additional income...finally!

It was great seeing that pic of E last night.  Nice surprise. It's also making me want cake, like really bad :)
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm sorry about the rough spots but yay for the good ones.
  • It was a rough year for sure. I'm just so relieved that year one is over, like it's something we can measure now.  Just 2 more to go! I hope it continues to fly by.
    imageAnniversary
  • Hey everyone! 

I just had dinner with my grandpa and parents - burgers, corn on the cob, and watermelon. I love summer cookouts :)

My bachelorette party is tomorrow night, and I'm getting so excited. Except for the fact that I still have nothing to wear...
  • Evening ladies!

C- when did you switch screen names?
  • I love summer cookouts too. It has been beautiful this past week with temperatures between 70 and 80 and then tonight it is pouring.

Have fun tomorrow night Leisel!
  • That's exciting, Leisel. Do you know what the plan is for tomorrow night or is it a surprise?
    imageAnniversary
  • edited May 2012
    A couple months ago. I wanted some anonymity.
  • Have fun Leisel.

Hi Stlrz!
  • Loopy, how have you been feeling?
  • C- I couldn't figure out how everyone knew you so well already.

Loopy- I want to wait to find out until the birth too (when that time comes of course), but if I found out I was having twins I'd definitely want to know ahead of time.
  • They recognized E last night. I haven't posted under my other name since March I think.
  • Well, it was intended to be a surprise, but between the three girls planning it, I've been told most of the plans. We're going to Chicago for the weekend, having drinks/opening gifts in the hotel room, getting dinner, going out for drinks and dancing at a few different places, then having a nice brunch the next morning. I've also been told that Sprinkles cupcakes will be involved, so I'm pretty excited about that. 

Loopy, I think that's so cool you're waiting to find out the sex of the baby. I'm such a planner that I don't think I could do that when FI and I have kids, but I always think it's so neat when people wait for that surprise :) 
  • Now that I take a good look, I recognize him too.  I can't believe how big he's gotten!
  • Hi guys!

I'd wanna know the gender.  Although I might not tell the world.

H and I bought a sofa today. CANNOT WAIT to get rid of his old piece of crap. 

And I got two callbacks from that big audition I went to the weekend before last.  Pretty good day.
  • Muni, if I thought I could keep it a secret from the whole world I might think about doing that.

My sister & BIL managed to keep the name a secret until my nephew was born.  Of course, he was born two weeks after they finally decided on a name so I'm sure that helped.
  • I'd imagine people get more useful shower gifts and less cutesy clothing if people don't know the gender
  • You're probably right about that.  I can't remember the last time I went to a baby shower where I didn't already know the gender.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards