Arizona-Tucson

Has anyone heard of or used these photographers?

Michelle Burley, Evan Robold or Shaun Roby with Sunstreet Photo?

I've got appointments coming up with them and would love to hear anyone's experiences with them and their work.

Oh, also, FYI..It was recommended that I call Ivory Orchid Photography to check them out. I checked them out online, and their work is great, but..  I e-mailed them this past Tuesday and still haven't heard from them. Their computer may be down but, if this is their business sense I wonder how they are to deal with.

Thanks!

Re: Has anyone heard of or used these photographers?

• edited December 2011
    Ivory Orchid is SUPER DUPER expensive...I was blown away!
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of professional photographers in town are so ridiculously expensive. I was taken aback and got really discouraged at first, thinking there was no way I could afford really pretty photos on my tiny budget. Luckily, I had the opportunity to meet with Michael Chansley. His pictures are beautiful, he is super laid back and totally confident and professional, and his prices are way lower than others in town. If you are looking for a photographer, I would check him out.

I have heard the name Michelle Burley, but I'm not sure in what context. Maybe she was at the bridal expo? Either that or I saw her name mentioned in a post at some point. Can't remember exactly. As for the other two, I have not heard of them.
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of those photographers, but I also hired Michael Chansley, jamjar!  We just did our engagmeent shoot with him and it was a lot of fun!  We got out CD with all the pictures on it 2 days later!  I can't wait until the wedding.  He was also pretty affordable and I love his style. 
    Good luck with your meetings, dunedevil, I hope they go well, and you should check out Michael if you still haven't made up your mind. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamjar11jamjar11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha thats awesome blckroses! I really think he is gaining a great reputation in town. I wanted engagement pics but FI really, really didn't want them. But I love his style and his prices!! I'm glad to hear you got your pics back so quickly. That makes me feel even better about hiring him!
    April 2011 November Siggy: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Your reference is totally appreciated, jamjar and BlckRoses, I'll be sure to check him out!! Thank you soo much. Good luck with the rest of your planning :)
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't heard of those photographers. Ivory Orchid normally takes a day or two to respond, she only usually checks her email at night. If you want a quicker response you can call her. Her starting package is $2600, however with that said she is willing to work with you to create a package that will work with your budget.
    -The Future Mrs. Rystrom
  • edited December 2011
    We found a GREAT, new  up & coming photographer Denise Adams! She did our E-session yesterday down at the U of A. She did such an amazing job :) We love her! Check her at: deniseadamsphotography.com
    Wedding Planning Bio/Blog Here Updated as of 2/1/11 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You should check out Brian Leahy - http://www.bleahyphoto.com.  

He shoots with another photographer, makes you 2 DVDs - 1 is HD for printing  (he lets you order prints yourself, so you don't get charged outrageous prices like Ivory Orchid), and the other is web-optimized for uploading to Facebook or emailing.  He personally retouches each photo.  Check out the gallery on his site!  Not to mention, he is awesome and professional.  He did our engagement pics and I'm so excited for our wedding!!
  • edited December 2011

Brian Leahy was recommended to me by a friend of his. I like his pics a lot, but he is a bit pricey for us. If price is not an issue I would recommend Solaris or Sergio Photographer. Each of them have done friends weddings and they are unbelievable!!! I think we're gonna go with Jen Hoffman. She has a very artistic eye, which I LOVE, and her prices are reasonable, starting at $1300 for 8 hours, I believe. I also found in my searching, a Tucson photographer named Dominic Ortiz, who does 8 hours for $900 - the most affordable I have seen so far. Keep the recommendations coming, ladies! This ish is hard!!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Michelle Burley also. I used her deal from one of the bridal expos. She was good for the price I was going for. I met with Ivory Orchids and it started at $1000 more than Michelle Burley.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards