California-Orange County

RECEPTION HELP anywhere in SO-CAL

hi everyone!!! 
I am trying to plan a October 2012 wedding and I only have 8 months to do it all.... eek!  I have been having a terrible time finding a ceramony/reception venue and would love any advice.  I wanted something rustic and private where I could bring in my own outside food caterer & have music.  I was orginally looking at private estates that would host weddings but I havent had any luck.  I am looking anywhere from San Diego-Huntington Beach-to Malibu...basically anywhere in southern CA at this point.  If anyone has any personal refferals I would LOOOOVE them.  Our party will be small, mostly family and between 75-90 people.  Thanks!!! :)

Re: RECEPTION HELP anywhere in SO-CAL

• The French Estate in Orange is great...I've been there a few times.

Best wishes.
  • So I was in the exact same boat you are in now, I wanted to find a place like that and bring in my own caterer etc. After many hours searching and searching, a classmate told me about the University of Irvine. They have a place on campus called the university club thats very private and perfect for an intimate wedding. The only thing is that you have to use their caterer...which I decided to just go ahead and do because their prices are seruously the best in OC. I did my research and couldn't find a single bad review! And my classmate told me that people still comment on how good the food was..6 months after the wedding! I also really like them, becuase they provide a lot of the basics (tables, chairs, linens etc.) and they have a day of coordinator which will really help keep things on track and one less thing for you to worry about. They also let you decorate basically how ever you want, I'm going for that same kinda rusticy feel too, and there is so much you can do to that venue, they are so flexible! OK, I hope this helps, and I hope you find what you're looking for:) Best wishes!!
  • Here are a couple rustic things I can think of in the OC area...

Newland Barn - Huntington Beach

The Red Barn - Huntington Beach (It's an Equestrian Center)

Santiago Oaks Canyon Park

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• THANKS!!!!!! :)
  • www.gardensofparadise.com awesome planner and crazy beautiful location

• Heritage Hill in Lake forest. its about 1500-1800 for the whole day and its really rustic.
  • Hello,
    I own a location scouting business in Southern CA and we scout for weddings primarily.  I would love the opportunity to chat with you to see if I can help you.  We save you time, money and stress because we do all the research and negotiating for  you.
    www.locationconcierges.com213-909-0084
    I look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,Laura
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards