Ohio-Toledo

Reception locations that allow outside catering

Anyone have any ideas for me?  My fiance's brother is a chef and will kill us if he can't cook for our wedding!  We are looking for something that's not super formal and thought we had a site but I think its going to fall through.  Looking in Findlay, BG, PBurg, Toledo, or Tiffin.... Help???
Wedding Countdown Ticker
221 Invitedimage 168 Attendingimage 33 Declinedimage 26 Not Repliedimage
RSVP Date August 25
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Reception locations that allow outside catering

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_reception-venue-ideas

Here's a thread from not too far back that may give you some ideas.  It would be helpful if we knew how many people you are planning to invite.

Out of curiousity, what's the deal with your current place?  On the bright side, if your listed wedding date is correct, you still have plenty of time!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AngieB6AngieB6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  We want to have something a little more informal... more like a backyard BBQ, but I want weather cover, and that is proving to be difficult!  I found a park with a large building that will seat 300 picnic style, but they aren't sure that they want to rent it for a reception... even though we are not serving kegs, they are worried about alcohol and good behavior :)

Looking to invite about 250, expect about 200 to come.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP Date August 25
  • AngieB6AngieB6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh, and no the date isn't right but I haven't changed it yet because we haven't completely decided!  Probably will do an early fall or late spring wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP Date August 25
  • medatcmedatc member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I just booked at Greystone Hall in Perrysburg. I am using my own caterer and they charged me $1.50 per person and a security deposit for using the kitchen. 
  • AngieB6AngieB6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the tips!  Those are two we will check out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    RSVP Date August 25
  • akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using the lodge at strawberry acres, so I second that idea. They allow outside catering and alcohol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    St Clements. YOu can bring your own caterer as well as liquor. Thats where I'm having my reception. Its $500 for Fridays and $800 for Saturdays
  • edited December 2011
    I tried to call the Greystone and they never called me back. The pcitures on their page are to die for!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards