Florida-North Florida

Question about bubbles

I was thinking of doing bubbles during our "farewell". I have heard they could mess up your dress- my dress is not satin- do you think this will be okay? I have seen some pictures of bubbles in the dark and love the way they look. Is anyone else doing this?

Re: Question about bubbles

• l.braith17l.braith17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used bubbles and I don't remember having any problems with them on my dress.  Plus by that time you are getting in the car to leave and nobody else will see your dress anyway.  Also, I don't know if you have bought your bubbles already, but you definitely don't need as many bubbles as people you invite because not everyone will stay until the end.  We ended up with a lot of extra bubbles.
  • janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing bubbles and I figured if anything happens to my dress, they can get it out at the cleaners.
  • jodipplsjodippls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had bubbles and by the end of the night the bubbles staining my dress was the least of my worries.  I agree with pp, you don't need one per person.  My bubbles were a hand me down from my cousin's wedding last year and I still had left overs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did bubbles (pic in married bio under reception!) and it worked out perfectly.  I know for sure several ended up on my dress and I had no stains.

BTW, I am getting so excited for your wedding!  I can't wait to see pictures Laughing
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • katiek200katiek200 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay great I think I will do it!!! I have some brown ribbons left over from my invitations that I did not use so I will tie those around them. I'm getting so excited but also nervous and having all sorts of wedding nightmares!! I have not seen FI in over 5 weeks, I finally get to see him tomorrow, hopefully that will help with the nerves!!
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone blew bubbles around us during our last dance so they definitely ended up on my dress, but they didn't leave any stains.
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not really sure what to do as far as a "farewell" because I've never seen many couples do this at the end of the reception, it was just the end of the night and they thanked us all for coming. We are also staying the night there at Sweetwater, so I haven't worked out that detail and not sure what to do. Are you staying there the night of your wedding?
    Me: 33 DH: 36 History of left ovarian pain and cysts. Laporoscopy in 1999 and 2001 showed possible cysts and minor adhesions. TTC since May 2011. Day 3: TSH 1.60mIU/L FSH 6.8mIU/mL Estradiol 46 pg/mL Day 10: FSH 5.3mIU/mL Sperm motility and morph 80% (Normal). HSG on 3/23/12 shows bilateral mid-tubal obstructions. Laparoscopy 5/22/12 revealed 100% bilateral obstruction, IVF only option to conceive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards