Attire & Accessories Forum

Freaking about bridal jewelry!

I've been looking at a lot of pictures for wedding day jewelry and its getting overwhelming. I have no idea what to look at or piece together. Here is a breakdown. My gown (sorry I have no idea how to post a picture) is lace with a very intricate beading and design on the bodice.
Actually here is a link to it. http://pinterest.com/pin/271341946271229132/ I had the neckline brought down into more of a sweetheart.

My e-ring is a sapphire with diamond halo.

I don't know whether to go with pearls to sort of match the dress or go with gemstone/sapphire jewelry to match the ring? Plus the bodice seems so detailed should I do a necklace at all. I'm freaking. Help!

Re: Freaking about bridal jewelry!

• I just had to pull up one of my wedding pictures, and noticed none of my jewelry matched in the slightest bit...but it all meant something to me.

Aquamarine stud earrings set in yellow gold (gift from my parents for my college graduation)
    Pearl necklace (my moms)
    Silver and diamond necklace (wedding day gift from DH)

and my ring set is diamond and white gold.

Wear what you want! It doesn't have to be matchy matchy. TBH, I don't even think anyone noticed.

• I would lean toward what goes best with the dress, not the ring. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I love pops of color, so I would go towards a gemstone or a big statement peice, but that's just my taste. If that doesn't sound like you, pearls are always safe. Don't worry about the ring. I would definitely find something for the neck with that dress though. 

Is there a family peice you could borrow that means something to you? My dress has a jeweled halter so I don't need a necklace, but I'm wearing a rhinestone bracelet and an emerald bracelet. Both belonged to my late grandmother. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    The pearls in the picture look wonderful. I suggest pearls as a pendant usually is not large enough to show in pictures.
  • If you need inspiration, look no further than the picture of the dress you linked. I think the simple pearl necklace and the drop earrings that the model is wearing look great with the dress. Don't worry about matching your ring - people won't really notice it.
  • I like necklines, so I'd personally skip a necklace. I like pearl earrings with this and maybe a pearl bracelet.
  • I think pearls would be a classic choice and a natural fit for this gown. Simple elegance. 

Very pretty dress :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks so much ladies!! That really helped!! And thanks csweaney! I absolutely love my dress!!
  • I keep hearing that bigger is better - and past brides who reflect back on their wedding day wish they had worn bigger jewelery. I'd go statement neclace for sure :) I have to admit that I am a big fan of pearls, but you could find a nice pearl neclace with a sapphire pendant. I am looking at a triple strand pearl neclace similar to the previous poster also on etsy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards