New York-New York City

Prices for brooklyn or staten island weddings

Hey all!  I was just curious if any of you ladies can give me advice on pricing p.p before I start my crazy search for where to have my wedding.  If anyone would like to give me a heads up it would be fabulous!  I'm just curious about nice, beautiful and affordable places in either brooklyn or staten island.  Maybe siricio's or dyker golf course.  Any advice is helpful advice before heading to the wedding halls.  Thanks so much dolls!

Re: Prices for brooklyn or staten island weddings

• edited December 2011
    What's your budget?  I would recm'd figuring that out first, and then narrowing down the venues b/c they can seriously range.  Sirico's may be in the $60/$75 pp range, while Dyker Heights is in the $125++ range.
  • edited December 2011
    I think that the Island Chateau runs at about $100.  However, it includes the food, drinks, cake, linens, and centerpieces.  
  • sonny401sonny401 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You'll first need to know what your wedding budget is before you begin your search. If it helps and you can fit it into your budget, hire a wedding planner. They can better guide you and provide you with all the necessary guidance and tips. A lot of factors  can affect the price per person such as season, days of the week (Thurs, Fri, Sun vs Sat), day or evening wedding. On the low end, you can get a venue that charges $65pp w/o tax and service and the highest I've seen is $185pp w/o tax and service (Abigail Kirsch venues = Palm at Bklyn Botanical Garden, Steiner Studios and The Vanderbilt at South Beach on SI. 

I hope this helps. Laughing
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In response to Sonny's post- I visited the Vanderbilt and they have lower wedding packages. They have different menus. I chose to go with a different venue though. 

I agree with mapping out a budget first before looking at places. Time of the year also plays a part in the budget. I'm having my wedding during winter months, which also may lower the price of some vendors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tiffythebridetiffythebride member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Well I was thinking of having the wedding either october or november and I didn't wanna spend more then $100 a person...If i could pay around 60-75pp that would be great!
  • JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that when most places quote prices per person, they may not be including tax and tip (which is either gratuity or service charge). Most places have a 15% to 20% gratuity charge added onto the total. You have to ask what is the total price per person, with gratuity and tax added. $75pp can easily come out to $100 per person.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    The Average is $22,832-38,053 according to CostOfWedding.com. Specified breakdowns are in the link.
    I've Got the Wedding Bell Blues
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards