Not Engaged Yet

Oops! We're dorks!

Yesterday Josh and I went to his parents' house to pick up our gifts and keepsakes and a whole carload of stuff. He said "Hey, we need to stop and get something for my dad" and I said "Yeah, it's Father's Day! We need to get him something."

So, we stopped and got him a gift, pulled into the driveway and saw FIL mowing the grass. I was like "OMG! Is your dad mowing the grass?" and Josh said "Why the heck is he mowing grass on Father's Day?!"

We went in and told MIL we brought a father's day gift and she was like "What? It's not Father's Day! Is it?" and we all went to look at the calendar.

Josh and I are so crazy. I have no idea how we both individually thought yesterday was Father's Day. What a couple of dorks.

Innocent
Anniversary

Re: Oops! We're dorks!

• edited December 2011
    I thought next week was fathers day! Turns out its the 20th. I didn't expect it to be so late this year! BF is going to put a rose on my fathers grave for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that is late this year.  I was thinking it was this Sunday...
    Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock-n-Roll.
    True love stories don't have endings.
  • edited December 2011
    Father's Day is always the third Sunday in June.
  • babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_oops-were-dorks?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:bb6a4e45-1dbf-432e-a004-8f16dc86c652Post:93d8bc7e-bae9-4590-8940-4a027cfcd46d">Re: Oops! We're dorks!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey atleast you were early! :-)
    Posted by babybchbum[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto!</div>
    Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock-n-Roll.
    True love stories don't have endings.
  • edited December 2011
    Father's Day is usually the same day ats the NASCAR race here in MI so my dad is always OOT. This year it is the week after the race so I'm confused and have no clue what to do with my dad home on fathers day.  I did buy him an awesome electric fly swatter that I'm so excited to give him. He just mentioned yesterday how he needed one.
    imageimageimageimage
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL hey at least you didn't forget , and you had some important stuff going on Mrs. Josh ( i love saying that lol ) :) I think it will be okay :P
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, Jeanna...you just gave me a friggin heart attack. lol

Thank god I have two more weeks to figure out what we're getting my pops and FFIL...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• edited December 2011
    When I frist started reading this I had to double check the calendar... I was like oh hell no I thought it was on the 20th?!  Haha, like others have said always better to be early than late!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hah!  Well, you both have an excuse - you've been so crazed with the wedding and everything - at least you stopped and got him something! 

I'm used to Father's Day typically being the same weekend as my birthday, but yes it totally seems late this year...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards