Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Who hosts the bachelorette party and should I assume?

My fiance and I are not having a wedding party, but both have a group of close friends. Since none of my friends will be bridesmaids or attendants of any kind, I'm kind of worried that no one will offer to throw me a bachelorette party. Is this normal?
Should I assume that someone will offer to throw me one? What if no one offers?

My bridal showers are covered by my mom and the womens ministry at my church, but the bachelorette party I'm kind of worried about. Any advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit Military.weddings.com

image 155 Invited
image 102 Attending
image 40 Regrets
image 13 Awaiting Reply
RSVP Date: March 11

Re: Who hosts the bachelorette party and should I assume?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The person to throw the bachelorette party is whoever offers to throw one.  If no one offeres, there's really not anything you can do.  It would be rude to ask a friend to throw one for you.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anyone who would like to can throw the party.  Anyone except you, that is.

If no one offers, you don't have a b-party.  That may be disappointing, but b-parties are not at all a "requirement" to get married.  They are an ancillary, albeit often fun, event.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    You can get a bunch of your friends together and just go out like you would any other night but don't call it a b-party, don't do any b-party type things (like wear a veil, play games), and don't expect them to pay for you. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just have a get together and call it a day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel really bad b/c I have 2 of my friends fighting over the job, want one of them. I agree with the other girls, you can't ask but you could drop hints I suppose is anyone throwing one for your fiancée?  Maybe you can ask "oh so innocently" one of his friends if they are planning anything, then maybe the word will get around and it wont look like you asked your friends directly. P.S. I might tell him your plan first, and it would probably work best to ask a friend of his you know has close contact with your friends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When the wedding starts to get close, you can ask a couple of friends if they want to go out with you for one last night of being single.  It's dropping a major hint, but it still gives them an out.  They can easily say yes or no, or more likely "OMG let's make it a bachelorette party!"  It probably won't be very planned out like an official b-party, but you can still have fun with your friends before the wedding.  That's what it's all about, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards