Missouri-Kansas City

Hy-Vee Catering and Table Linens - Need Help

We are using Hy-Vee for our catering and are going to need to rent linens from someone.  The Hy-Vee catering manager told me that we might be able to rent them through Hy-Vee but I’m still waiting for a quote from them.  I’m trying to decide if it is more economical to rent them ourselves through someone else.  So my question is: If you used Hy-Vee catering did you get your table linens through them and if not where did you get them from? Also if you do know good places to rent table linen’s from that would be appreciated.  Our venue doesn’t rent them.   Thanks,Maiya

Re: Hy-Vee Catering and Table Linens - Need Help

• edited December 2011
    I am using Hy-Vee catering but I am not using their linens (they didn't offer me that option).  I bought mine from linentablecloth.com when they were on sale in December.  It was cheaper than any of the rental companies I could find.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks - that'sgood to know.  I do have prices from tsome of the rental companies here in town and I was hoping to find a cheaper option.  I'll definately look at linentablecloth.com now.
  • edited December 2011
    DMLK413...
    What are you planning to do with your linens after the wedding? Depending on the color and size we may be interested in buying them...if you're going to sell them please email me @ afullington76@gmail.com.

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    trey&angel I sent you a private message.
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I've been toying with the idea of having Hy-Vee catering our wedding in September.  Are they easy to work with in general?  How much more affordable are they than the other options out there?  I'd love to hear if you get a quote from them on the linens, if they offer color options too.

• edited December 2011
    Their prices are very resonable and for the number of guests we are having they were much cheaper then the other caterers we looked at.  I have had their food before and it is pretty good.  They have been easy to work with but we haven't had to plan too much out yet since our wedding date is in October.  I haven't gotten a quote back abou the linens but I'll send you a mmessage when I do.

Maiya
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with maiyae.  Hy-Vee was a much more affordable option for me than any other caterer I looked at.  The food was great and they don't charge that much for delivery and set up.  (We are also using their cake decorator and florist for the same reason).
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using HyVee in Chillicothe and getting my linens for $4 each through them. It's a steal compared to buying them yourself. We even looked into making them ourselves and still couldn't find a price that low!

I can't speak for their catering costs compared to others in KC though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards