Favors

Favors?

I am on a very tight budget, so tight it would probably squeak if it made a sound :( but due my fiance and myself both having very large church families we are having a large wedding (about 300). I was debating on even having favors because most people just throw them away. Many friends and family I've talked to have never even heard of favors.

Since I am a teacher and we are having several children in the wedding party and at the wedding I was thinking that as favors we would make several coloring pages, word searches, and crossword puzzles about my fiance and myself and set out crayons at each seat. They can do the pages while they are waiting on us taking pictures and take them home as a favor if they like. Is this a bad idea?

Re: Favors?

• melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be very cute and, as a parent, it's always nice to see that someone not only included children, but really thought about them being there, as well.  It's also just an inexpensive "something" to have at each setting without making a production of it.
    10-10-10
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'd skip it altogether.  I think puzzles about you is really AW-ish on a day that's pretty much all about you to begin with.

And the kids at your wedding will want to do what eveeryone else is doing.  Eating, drinking (soda in their case....) and dancing it up on the dance floor.  Just let them do that.

And really, what are the chances of them taking the puzzles home and doing them later?  Pretty small.

I'm a teacher too.  I'd just treat your child guests as you're treating your other guests.

Oh-and skip the favors.  No one really cares about them.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not necessarily a bad idea but it's not necessary either.  If you are trying to have a budget wedding for 300 people, my advice is to skip them altogether.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your input. I think I have decided not to have favors at all. It is not needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards