Not Engaged Yet

Anyone around?

I'm bored. FI is out and I'm all caught up on the shows I can watch without him. 

Those of you who watch Homeland, did see last night's episode yet?!?!

What are you guys up to tonight?

Re: Anyone around?

• I'm here!

Not up to nothing.
  • I can always count on you, Jen! 

What's for dinner?

• Hmm that sandwich had me until the mention of the cream cheese. And I love cream cheese. 

I had leftover pizza Embarassed

• I'm here. Cooking dinner for me and BF. CLICKY. It's going to be really yummy.

I accomplished a lot school wise this weekend so I want to bum out tonight. But since BF will be studying and we're going to NJ for a super-long-weekend I should probably do something.

Do you like Homeland rdr? I've not seen it but heard good reviews.
  • Fizzy, that looks so good! I so wish FI would eat curry/Indian food. He hates the smell of it. Sigh. 

Yay for NJ visits! 

I love Homeland. I would even venture to say that it's the best show on TV right now. Every episode I swear it's the best episode ever and then the next week I say the same thing. I highly recommend checking it out.

• mm leftover pizza and chicken curry.

• I just got back from a run and am about to take a shower and make dinner.  I have a head of cauliflower that I need to eat.  I bought it because I kept seeing cool recipes on pintrest, but now I can't decide on what to do with it!  

Any cool cauliflower recipes?
  • Cauliflower curry! Use the chicken recipe and substitute curry for the chicked or in addition to. I've done it on a meat-free night with BF - it soaks up all the flavor and is really really good. I think I put chickpeas in too.

rdr - has he tried korma? It's as bland as you can get, mainly coconut flavored. Or try indian sides like samosas and tandoori chicken. We broke my grandparents into it gently like that.
  • Hey Alley! I made cauliflower crust pizza which was pretty good. I know other people had better luck with it than I did (the very center of mine didn't get crispy, it was kind of mushy still). CLICK

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3770706b-9780-41aa-b644-aebd5f69a72cPost:d331b01a-5617-4577-ae3c-34bf1b2ae6de">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cauliflower curry! Use the chicken recipe and substitute curry for the chicked or in addition to. I've done it on a meat-free night with BF - it soaks up all the flavor and is really really good. I think I put chickpeas in too. rdr - has he tried korma? It's as bland as you can get, mainly coconut flavored. Or try indian sides like samosas and tandoori chicken. We broke my grandparents into it gently like that.
    Posted by fizzylemonade[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope, he's like totally against it. I gave up on trying to get him to try stuff a while ago hahaha</div>

• I'm around sort of. I had leftover pizza for dinner, not the greatest thing to eat but it was yummy! 
    Yay for NJ visits Fizzy!

Anniversary

• I'm looking for places to go BM dress shopping next month and a store I came across has this picture on its website:

Safe to say we won't be going there. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3770706b-9780-41aa-b644-aebd5f69a72cPost:92f8ea3b-a9af-4b50-a08f-00fa4e4d8c20">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm looking for places to go BM dress shopping next month and a store I came across has this picture on its website: Safe to say we won't be going there. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Hahahahah.  That's awesome. </div><div>
    </div><div>Those recipes sound so good!  But both require me to leave the house and go to the store.  I'm making roasted garlic mashed cauliflower (<a href="http://eatnourishing.com/recipe/roasted-garlic-mashed-cauliflower/)" rel="nofollow">http://eatnourishing.com/recipe/roasted-garlic-mashed-cauliflower/)</a></div>
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    rdr, you won't even check out more of their ads for hair inspiration?  /sarcasm

I am undecided about dinner.  Right now, I am waiting to find out if FI will be back from the studio in time to watch the last debate.

ETA: Ya'll are making me even more hungry with all this talk of curry and links to fabulous looking food!

• lol hysterical rdr!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3770706b-9780-41aa-b644-aebd5f69a72cPost:92f8ea3b-a9af-4b50-a08f-00fa4e4d8c20">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Safe to say we won't be going there. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha. </div><div>
    </div><div>Dinner was delicious. The only naan we had was freezer burnt, and it was probably my fault, so it was lacking a little bit, but I packed up the left overs and it'll be my lunch tomorrow hopefully.</div><div>
    </div><div>Trip to NJ should be fun. We're going to stay with BF's mom so I'm looking forward to some time with her. I've got a few fun errands to run and I'll see my family a little so that'll be good too. I'm taking Thurs and Fri off work, so I feel like it's nearly the end of the week already. Always a good feeling to have on a Monday!</div>
  • Hey RDR! 

I LOVE Homeland and I really liked last nights episode, up to the last few minutes. I just...don't know how they're going to keep changing the direction of this season without totally screwing it up. So far, they've given us a "WTF!!??" moment every single episode this season, but I just don't know how long they can keep that up for! I agree that this has to be the best show on television. For me, a close #2 would be Breaking Bad, and then maybe Mad Men for #3. This is for hour-long dramas only, of course. For comedy, The League is my favorite and if you're not watching it, you should start immediately.

I made an awesome dinner tonight - kind of a taco salad. Chicken cooked with fajita seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, greek yogurt (in place of sour cream), and (just 3!) blue tortilla chips crushed up and sprinkled on top. It was delicious and we have enough for lunch leftovers Smile Aaaaand I have some moscato and strawberries for my debate-dessert.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hummingbird, that sounds yummy!

My cauliflower mash was not creamy at all.  It was still delicious, but kinda disappointing.  Oh well, debate watching time!
  • Hummingbird: I agree. We'll see though because they've been good at it so far! It actually got picked up for a 3rd season today :) 

• Anyone watching the debate?
    The first lady and the wannabe first lady have so much makeup going on. Those eyebrows are drawn on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3770706b-9780-41aa-b644-aebd5f69a72cPost:3dacad50-6e75-41f7-b5de-6f00240648c2">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone watching the debate? The first lady and the wannabe first lady have so much makeup going on. Those eyebrows are drawn on.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>I am! </div><div>
    </div><div>I haven't seen Michelle or Mrs. Mittens yet, though so I can't speak on the brow situation. </div>

• Oh. I had my eyebrows draw on for the wedding. It is a look I'm considering for most days of the week.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3770706b-9780-41aa-b644-aebd5f69a72cPost:af6c5a39-b0e2-471b-9fa4-05111d9920fc">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made an awesome dinner tonight - kind of a taco salad. Chicken cooked with fajita seasoning, corn, black beans, tomatoes, avocado, salsa, greek yogurt (in place of sour cream), and (just 3!) blue tortilla chips crushed up and sprinkled on top. It was delicious and we have enough for lunch leftovers   Aaaaand I have some moscato and strawberries for my debate-dessert.
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

<div>Your dinner sounds really good...but the dessert sounds better. I just watched an episode of Parenthood and they were eating Ben & Jerry cookie dough ice cream. I want to drive to the store to go get some. But I'm resisting!</div><div>
    </div>
  • Hummingbird:  Moscato and strawberries?  . . . It's like you're me :-D  What an excellent idea.

I got depressed after watching 10 minutes of the debate so I decided to see what y'all were up to.

. . .  I think I've picked out my ring!  My boyfriend and I went shopping over the weekend, and I happened upon a designer that I really love.  Many of them are simple, not super-fancy and no modern halos going on.  I do a lot with my hands, so I wanted something I wasn't afraid to wear to work.  Anyway I love this lady's style:  you can check her out at maevona.com

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-around-13?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:3770706b-9780-41aa-b644-aebd5f69a72cPost:141324fc-5817-4f5e-ae80-1e12fa6f0e5f">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]'ello! I just woke up from the most epic nap ever. H was watching nascar, and I passed out on the couch. When I woke up, football was on, so I prompltly exiled myself to the bedroom. For now, I'm nomming leftovers, drinking instant chai from the Keurig, and about to play some WoW. I should be studying for my test Wendesday, but...meh. <strong>Who likes hard cider? I </strong>tried the "Fall" flavor of Woodchuck the other day, and I'm in LOVE. I'm planning on scouring every grocery/liquor store around and buying it all before it goes out of season. It's that good.
    Posted by buggle2[/QUOTE]
    I do! I do! MMmm I gotta try that one.
  • I am a cider fan as well and I'll keep a look out for that.  

Not as many sparks flying in this debate.  I foresee fewer hilarious memes resulting from the debate tonight.

• laying on the couch icing my foot while H does laundry.  livin' the dream, ladies.

we went out for dinner tonight because we desperately needed groceries.  I grabbed the last bag of Halloween Oreos and have done some serious damage.

Hummingbird's taco salad sounds delish.
  • Hahaha!  rdr, that's great.  Aaaaaaand, I spoke too soon.  :)  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards