Rhode Island

Beach wedding

Anyone know of a nice, private enough beach to hold our ceremony and reception?  And how do I go about renting such a venue??  Help!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Beach wedding

• ceve42ceve42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Conachett Beach club in NArragansett...you can get married right on the beach. I was in a wedding party, my best friend got married there. Her ceremony was right on the beach. It is pretty affordable too. I hope this helps.GL
  • edited December 2011
    It's actually called the North Beach Clubhouse now. You can marry on the beach if you have your reception there. It can only hold 100 and you have to do some of the setup/breakdown work yourself, so you might need to hire a DOC. You also hire a caterer. Here's a link to an info packet about it. http://www.narragansettri.com/parks/Information_Packet.pdf

Also check out Easton's Beach rotunda. You can marry on the beach right there and have the reception inside with water view all around. It was beautiful, but a little big for our tiny wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    Be very careful when looking/ booking beaches though, if you rent the space from the city/town a lot of time they will not guarantee privacy as they are public beaches, and even though you paid to rent it, the public is welcome on the beach.  (horror stories of beach goers in bikini tops in the background of wedding photos abound.) 

If you do go with a town/city beach, even Easton beach, try to have the wedding further into the fall or at the beginning of spring, that way the beachgoers won't be out yet.

I also think the Atlantic Beach Club can set you up on their beach and reception inside.

Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards