September 2012 Weddings

Need help deciding on colors for my sunflower themed wedding in September!

Hi! I'm not getting married until September 2012, but I'm having a really hard time deciding on colors! I'm having a sunflower theme wedding, and I always thought I would have pink in my wedding, but I don't know if that would look as great with the sunflowers. Maybe a sangria color? I've also considered a clover green with a chocolate brown. I also like navy, but I'm not sure what color would compliment it well. I don't really like the idea of yellow - it looks to much like high school colors to me!

Any ideas or thoughts are appreciated! Thanks so much! :) (I never imagined this being as time consuming as it is!)

Re: Need help deciding on colors for my sunflower themed wedding in September!

• What about a purple like this? I'm sure you could take that color darker too if you wanted more evening look.

• I think lots of colors would go with sunflowers.  You just need to decide do you want a brighter color or a darker color.  Navy and sunflowers are very pretty but if you want funky you can use a hot pink or fucshia color.  If you want a more fall-ish feel orange and browns work well.  You're options are literally endless.
    Anniversary
  • jrkjpfjrkjpf member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Your best bet is to play around with a color wheel:

Click Here

You can find a more in-depth color wheel for exact names and codes, but that does the point.

And remember, as the age old saying goes, opposites attract.

Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect and I don't live to be. But, before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. -Bob Marley

• slm0019slm0019 member
    First Comment

I am also having a sunflower themed wedding September 2012! I have always wanted purple as my color so that is what we are going with. We are doing a darker purple, like a lapis or eggplant. I think sunflowers go with many different colors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Navy blue and having sunflowers.
    27 of 75 Books annnnnnd Wedding Inspiration
    Sept. 2012 - Ceremony Venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards