North Carolina

3 weeks out, Venue meeting

So I am going to meet with the Coordinator at my venue next week, as we are 3 weeks out from the wedding. We are going to go over details and how the day should go, let me know some questions you might ask your venue as the big day is oming up. Here is some backgroung information, we are dealing with a new coordinator, the other one quit (which i'm glad, she was awful), so this new guy has never met me but does know about my event. We are having a 6pm ceremony with the reception to follow (all at same location), cocktail/hors d'oeuvres hour during photos, then a seated/plated dinner (toasts will be during this time), then cake cutting, then first dances, then party time on the dance floor. Let me know any last minute, detail questions you think I may want to ask, or just any advice.
**June 19, 2010** Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 3 weeks out, Venue meeting

• ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No advice as I'm not there yet but I hope this guy works out better for you!
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds like you have everything under control.  The only thing I would suggest is that since you are working with a new coordinator, make sure she knows what you requested and expect from your all your others vendors so they can work together. 

Other than that, congrats and good luck!
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would give him the following lists:
    1. Vendors names and contact information - in case he needs to reach anyone that day.  This way he won't have to get you in the middle of it.
    2. time line for your reception
    3. List of who's who in the family and bridal party. 

GL!
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • edited December 2011
    A timeline is very important on your wedding day. It helps for th coordinator to check off everything that needs to be done at a certain time. Make sure that the coordinator has all the vendors and contact information on hand and that they are there early to greet all the vendors that will be coming in.

As for the venue; I think that they should pretty much have everything under control. Do ensure that the place is well maintained and food are serve on time.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards