Wedding Etiquette Forum

Evening thread

Re: Evening thread

• Some random newb pulled up the post where I got ripped apart (as a newb) a few weeks ago, and it took all of my mod-ly self-restraint not to delete the thread, I was so traumatized from seeing it again.
  • Mica-- yeah, we contemplated a small DW, but then I almost was in tears when I thought of how one of my grandma's wouldn't be able to travel that far due to her age/fragility and I knew I would likely be the only grandchild she will see get married. She did a lot for me growing up, and even though she is kinda slowly losing her good memory, I'd like to think she will remember my wedding.
  • I dont always like being called a reg. I feel like all of the OG regs give me being called a reg the side eye since I haven't even been around for a year. :) I'm insecure too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_evening-thread-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:34ad7957-606f-4d2d-aff2-64a7086cc13fPost:99400f61-3e65-4056-9c0a-e7edcc0ba679">Re: Evening thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some random newb pulled up the post where I got ripped apart (as a newb) a few weeks ago, and it took all of my mod-ly self-restraint not to delete the thread, I was so traumatized from seeing it again.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    ha i saw that!  and then rosie came in at the end with a 'who is this mica chick anyway?"  haha.
    Photobucket
  • Aw, LDY. Can I say now that I TOLD YOU SO!? CAN I? CAN I? I'm so kidding.

BUT I TOLD YOU SO! :) So glad you're here.

Let's see...what brought me here. OH YEAH. When my first engagement fucking failed worse than Gigli, and I got married to Scott, it was brought to my attention that if you go to THE KNOT it came up that I was still getting married to fiance number 1. But, if you looked him up on the knot it looked like he was getting married to ME and his now wife. Blerg. ANYWAY, I found out quickly that you couldn't delete an account, you just had to change it, so change it I did, and somehow stumbled across this gosh darn place, and here I fucking am. Try to get rid of me. Dare you.

and love you.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • What did you get ripped apart for Mica?? I remember getting into it with some peeps that shall remain nameless because I like them now. It was around labor day and right before I met LVB. I emailed her like "wah can you believe they said that???" and she was like "sorry you were being stupid" haha. She didn't say exactly that, but she didn't lie either.
  • That's when I got over it (and myself) -- wherever you are, thank you Rosie!  I think that was my first week of being a mod.  When that post came up, I swear I was tachycardic for about an hour.

I can't call myself a reg yet.  Even now that I have a gold medal.  Yeah, I'm that insecure too.  

• birdie, i remember that one too.   it was about assigned/not assigned seating right?
    Photobucket
  • I was ripped on SB for getting married young and marrying a much older man. They also criticized how I chose my BMs. It hurt and I didn't post for a while.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • i am totes a 'night thread reg'
    Photobucket
  • Also, come on guys. Newbs and regs ebb and flow. Regs are people who post a lot at the time. Birdie, of course you're a reg. What else would you be? If you're here and you post, and people know you, you're a reg.

You can't all be washed up hags like me. Everyone gets that. No one better than I.

Regs are also people who are established who come back and are all wuzzup bitches?

Like...lala for example. She doesn't post a lot but because she once DID, people would still consider her a reg. Or east. Or even daff. But that doesn't mean that the people posting in the mean time ARENT regs, ya know?

IS ANYONE READING MY SMOKE SIGNALS?

The Margarita Evolution
  • Fishy you have no idea how excited I was when I came across E and saw your avatar w/ the Vikings logo. I was like, "She is from North Dakota but likes the Vikings...ok now I gotta stick around and see what this board is about."
  • i chose my BMs 18 months out.  not one problem was had.  i'm pretty sure you can still get in a huge fight with a friend if you chose them to be a BM 2 months before your wedding.
    Photobucket
  • Yeah and the funny thing is I want to do it now haha
  • I'll vouch for ciaram getting ripped a new one. She did. Oh yes, she did. I remember that.

The Margarita Evolution
  • someone needs and AE "oldmarriedhag"
    Photobucket
  • I made the mistake of saying that I knew people who lied about clinical diagnoses to get a service dog exemption for their purse pets.  Everyone jumped on me for not being sympathetic to people with mental health issues.
  • Musical, DONT GET IT TWISTED. I am FROM Minnesota. I happen to live in Fargo.

I love both Minnesota and North Dakota, but I'm a Minnesota girl through and through.

The Margarita Evolution
  • I can see your smoke from here, Fish. I guess Fargo isn't THAT far away after all.
  • IT'S NOT I SWEAR.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Oh, I know Fish. :) I didn't know that at the time though. I just kinda figured maybe NoDakers liked MN sports because the Dakotas have no one to cheer for. Which is so sad, actually. But more fans for us, ;)
  • I'll keep that AE name in mind if I ever have an absolute need to post snarky remarks during the day on E.

Fishy -- I'm oblivious to everything.  H says I'm clueless with smoke signals.
  • Ciara, how old were you when you got married and how old if your H? I don't know your backstory!
  • I chose my 1st MOH about 2 weeks after I got engaged and 14 months before the wedding. Then about a month later I asked my childhood friend to be my 2nd MOH (yes they were both MOHs) 13 month out.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Changing out my Minnesota license plates was seriously a very, very, VERY hard day. VERY HARD.

That's what she said.

The Margarita Evolution
  • See, I got engaged and married in 3 months. THAT TAKES ALL THE GUESS WORK OUT OF IT.

I recommend it to everyone i meet.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Ciara, that must have been way before I came to TK, because I don't remember that at all.  

• I started posting in the thread where I got into it with peeps and had to travel back to Evansville after awhile. I stewed about it the whole trip and posted when I got back online. Then I felt stupid the next day and appologized in a dead thread for overreacting.

I guess I've had it lucky that I've never had a really bad flaming. I think people got distracted that week and didn't have an FFF.

Mica, that doesn't seem so bad. :( Maybe it was because they didn't know you were a doctor?
  • Haha, Fish, I can see that being difficult. J is going to be getting a new car this summer and when he realized he would possibly be buying it with MN plates, he was a bit upset. Being a 'Sconie and all.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards