Chit Chat

Underarm exposure! how do i get "whiter" under arms?

this is an embarassing question to ask, but any of you gals have product ideas or things that you may share about getting lighter underarms?  the skin under my arms is not as light as i want it to be.  perhaps due to shaving or deodorant...

my wedding dress will be sleeveless and i don't want to raise my arms up if i have dark armpits!  sorry for the term, but wanted to get a laugh...  i have tried using a deodorant that claims to give you lighter skin under your arms, but it really didn't do much.

thanks in advance.  enjoy the planning.  we have yet to finalize our wedding party!

Re: Underarm exposure! how do i get "whiter" under arms?

• I had that problem I found that dove deoderant helped, and I shave my underarms every other day instead of every day. it really helps, I just wear sleeves on the days that I dont shave.

• I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I am actually considering getting my underarms waxed a couple of days before my wedding, rather than shaving them the day of. My underarms are dark because my skin is SO light, and my hair is SO dark, that you can see the bases of the hairs under my skin, and waxing would take care of that.

• noclue i guess i never thought sbout being whiter, my goal has been to get darker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Like a five o'clock shadow?  I've had that issue with my underarms since puberty, and I was really nervous.  I got waxed for my wedding and it was MIRACULOUS.  I could have done a Dove commercial myself.  Plus, the hair grew back much more sparse and fine.  I plan on doing it regularly now.  (I threaded my eyebrows and lip rather than waxing, it was a bit intense but they recommended it because it's less harsh on the skin.)

Just let it grow out to at least 1/4 to 1/2 inch before you do it.  Otherwise it's just a lot of pain and doesn't actually work.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Cosmetic and some drug stores sell skin bleach. I think its like a cream or something. I have never used it but people say you need to follow the directions closely. I also have this issue, I am half hispanic and I think that might be why mine are darker (maybe). I'm thinking about trying the skin bleach myself.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Funny you should ask... I just spent quality time this morning bleaching my 'pits to correct what I fondly refer to as my "permastubble". I have really dense, dark hair and pale, very sensitive skin that can't stand to be shaved very often. I still shave a day or so later, but the shadowing is less noticeable.
  • I think that part of the time it is dark hair that is still just below the surface. Like ustanerd, I have very sensitive skin, too. So, my gift to myself: laser hair removal. I can't wait! I haven't gone yet but I got a great deal through Groupon for only $300 for 6 sessions. I had always thought it was going to be waaay more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_underarm-exposure-whiter-under-arms?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:2c89de4d-6a82-4090-8d35-3bffe3887b74Post:32dd2673-3daa-4b07-be5c-bf5e9ac7e6d5">Re: Underarm exposure! how do i get "whiter" under arms?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that part of the time it is dark hair that is still just below the surface. Like ustanerd, I have very sensitive skin, too. So, my gift to myself: laser hair removal. I can't wait! I haven't gone yet but I got a great deal through Groupon for only $300 for 6 sessions. I had always thought it was going to be waaay more.
    Posted by kristend72[/QUOTE]

OH, you have to tell us if that helps. I have wanted to get the laser hair removal too but I just wonder if it really works that good.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Thanks for the advice ladies.  There was someone who ran a similar post to mine and people suggested lemon and sugar scrub to exfoliate.  I don't remember if together or separately.  Will try that first.  I am too scared to do laser hair removal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards