Flowers

DIY flowers

I have decided to do the flower arrangements myself and I was wondering what flowers you would suggest if my colors are black and white with green accent. I would love to use white roses and I'm really looking for that wow factor! Any suggestions on what flowers would make for a good combination?

Re: DIY flowers

• Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oooh, I like the black, white, and green combination.  I think I'd do one of the following:

All white.

White and green (green hydrangea, carnations, pom poms, and/or hypericum berries).

White, green, and a touch of color, like light blue, hot pink, or vivid coral.

• edited December 2011

I like Catwoman's green hydrangea, pom poms and/or hypercium berries idea. You won't have to buy as many hydrangea stems also because they have bigger blooms for a fuller look. For the black accents I would suggest the black swirly things in the picture. I don't know what the name of them are.

Anniversary
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I forgot green cymbidium orchids, they would be pretty too.
  • edited December 2011
    I love anenomes for black and white weddings.
    The things suz refers to are fiddle head ferns.

As a slightly different idea, there are some really dark flowers (kind of purpleish/brownish) that look great with black/white/green... like protea and black calla lillies.
    NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had a black and white damask theme wedding with lime green accent. My bouquet was classic white callas with 3 lime green accent callas, white satin ribbon stem with lime green criss cross ribbon. I used the real touch flowers from Hobby Lobby. They looked and felt real, pretty cheap too! Especially at their 50% off sale.

I had my bridesmaids carry 4 longstem callas, 2 green, 2 white with black satin ribbon.

See pics!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards