Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Vegan Cake/ Cake Displays

Hello,I am a vegan and I was wondering if you guys think it's appropriate to ask my baker to make a small layer of my cake vegan?  Also, my wedding will be quite a way from the bakery so they told me I would probably need to have my cake set up with each layer seperately on a stand.  I'm not a fan of fake flowers so any other ideas for putting in between the space between layers?  Would it be too plain to have them just keep the layers very close together and put nothign in between?  Thanks!

Re: Vegan Cake/ Cake Displays

• edited December 2011
    how far away is it for your baker?  If they can drive there, there is no reason they can't stack the cake upon delivery.  It is done all of the time and that really makes no sense. 
  • edited December 2011
    You could use the seperated tiers... They also come not attached to each other. Check google.
  • edited December 2011
    of course it's appropriate. if you find a good baker, no one will even be able to tell the difference.  have you already picked a baker? if not, you should see if there's a great vegan bakery nearby.  they could do the whole thing cruelty and cholesterol-free and your guests would never know. just a word of advice, ask your baker to give you a sample of their vegan cake first. if they don't know what they're doing, it could be terrible. vegan baking is easy, but you have to actually know what works best to sub for eggs, milk, butter, and the like and the average baker unfortunately does not.  you don't want to have a layer of crisco and confectioners' sugar-covered cardboard at your wedding. >_<  another perk about working with a vegan bakery is that they know how to decorate a vegan cake beautifully.  most bakers probably believe you can't do a fondant or royal icing equivalent without animal products, but this just isn't the case.

this is where i'll be getting mine (am tempted to make it myself because i prefer my own baking to any i've had anywhere, but that's just way too much work of course), but they're too far a haul from you in milwaukee, unfortunately: www.vegantreats.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards