• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Random etiquette (thank yous) question

Over the weekend we received a group gift from four of the partners at my fiancé's employer. Three of the four have been invited to our wedding along with their spouses. I know that I should send individual thank yous to each group member, but should I be addressing the thank yous to just the partners or their spouses too? Should I send them to their home addresses or to the office? My initial thought was "address to partners and spouses; send to home address", but then I began second-guessing myself, worrying that because it's a group gift from work that sending them to home addresses would be breaking some sort of corporate etiquette code or something. (Hi, I'm a spaz.)

TIA for the advice!  
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/izn4lw.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Random etiquette (thank yous) question

• wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Knottie Warrior 1000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I got a group gift from my co-workers as well.  I did individual thank yous to the gift givers and brought them to work with me.  Did the card have the spouses names on it??  If it did, then I'd go with the mailed thank you to the couples at home.
  • golden1215golden1215 member
    Seventh Anniversary 1000 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011

Address the thank you to whom ever signed under "sincerely" on it.  E.g. of its from the employees and spouses, address it that way- if not, then just employees.  Send them to their home addresses.

• edited December 2011
    I got a shower gift from the two women in our office. I addressed the TYs to them only (not spouses, because it didn't have spouses names on them). I brought the TYs into the office and gave it to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards