Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Movie theme songs

I am having a movie theme wedding and I am trying to find a song to use as I walk down the aisle. I was thinking about the instrumental version of A Thousand Years by Christina Perri or Marry Me by Train. I was also thinking it would be cool to use a theme song from a movie. What would be some awesome songs to walk down the aisle to?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Movie theme songs

• Storybook Love from The Princess Bride
  • edited July 2012
    Glasgow Love Theme, the theme song from "Love, Actually".  Beautiful instrumental piece.  I used that AND Storybook Love from "The Princess Bride" (my favorite movie).
  • "You've Got A Friend In Me" from Toy Story!  I think Randy Newman sings it.
  • Cinderella's theme song... "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes"
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • I used Storybook Love from The Princess Bride.  Love it! 

If by some chance your name is Katie, Katie's Theme from Stealing Home. 

Glasgow Love Theme (Lucky's suggestion) is also a beautiful piece. 

Maestro from The Holiday

• Cry from The Holiday- Hans Zimmer

I'm using Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty- instrumental.

Also Cinderella and Pinocchio have pretty songs (instrumental)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_movie-theme-songs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:5bde61f3-69f7-4e5a-bc3c-08cf392004c6Post:c65c1099-e3d0-488c-bcf6-4578928d31e0">Re: Movie theme songs</a>:
    [QUOTE]"You've Got A Friend In Me" from Toy Story!  I think Randy Newman sings it.
    Posted by danimae323[/QUOTE]

<div>Our bridal party entered to this!</div><div>
    </div><div>I went with Somewhere Over the Rainbow played by a jazz band for my entrance because that's my all time favorite classic movie.  As Time Goes By from Casablanca would also be gorgeous. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • The theme song from Galaxy Quest!
  • Oh and if you like 80s- Waiting for a Start to Fall from Three Men and a Little Lady, and that one at the end of Mannequin... I've heard instrumental versions
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our recessional is "Married Life", which is instrumental, from the movie Up.  It is from the part when they do the montage of the couple's life together.
  • I used the song "the wedding" from legends of the fall for me and "tennessee" from pearl harbor for the wp.
  • Married Life from Up Or Storybook Love from Princess Bride (we used this during unity candle)
    Anniversary
  • I love love love Cry from The Holiday..just never knew what it was called until I read htis post. Such a great song and great build up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! I have to narrow down now because there were so many great suggestions :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards