Massachusetts-Boston

My DRESS is IN!!!!! (PIP!!!!)

Ok I will admit I was totally hesitant to post photos but I dont think anyone I know IRL will find this and see my dress ahead of time.

I FINALLY saw my dress again. I ordered it in AUGUST! Please note- I lost 25 pounds (yipee) so the top is huge. It looks MUCH nicer pinched in so I will def post fitting photos...

Also- I need your help. I have been pretty anti veil all along. I want just a small flower. However, my mom has been BEGGING me to wear a veil. I tried one awhile ago and thought I looked silly. I tried one WITH a flower saturday and I dont hate it. The flower here is much larger than I wanted and has feathers.. but the photos are growing on me! what do you all think??

ALSO- I was up until like 2am the night before and look HORRIBLE here lol. be nice :)

the glasses look stupid- ignore them

I thought I loved loved loved this dress.. and in some ways I do... I also feel like an overdressed princess... ah.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: My DRESS is IN!!!!! (PIP!!!!)

• edited December 2011
    looks beautiful!  i was not too crazy about a veil either, and then i found a bubble/pouf/egg shaped one that i wore with a huge feather flower fascinator.  i LOVED it.  i honestly think i loved it more than my gown.  i would definitely give it some serious thought- you'll never wear a veil again!
  • thedivaonethedivaone member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The dress look fantastic!!!  I'm not a veil fan either so I say go with your gut.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    The dress looks gorgeous!
    I really like the Veil with the flower.
    Married September 25,2010
    Vendor Reviews
  • edited December 2011

love those pick ups

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I am for veils!  When will you ever be able to have an opportunity to wear one again?  Also, you can always wear it only for the ceremony and take it off after.  I know what you are saying about flowers looking huge but once in your hair, they look pretty nice! 

I also know what you are talking about feeling like an overdressed princess - I feel the same way, but I love my dress nevertheless!! it'll be interesting to see my fiance's family's reaction as they are only used to casual wedding and kept telling me "keep the dress simple". The last thing my dress is is "simple". . teehee :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't wear a veil, and I hate when people say that you have to wear one to be a bride, or that it's the only time you'll ever get to wear one. If you don't like how you look in it, either look for a different style, or find something (flowers, comb, whatever) that makes you happy.

So on that note, I bring you something that I found in a blog a while ago:

Lady in bridal shop: What kind of dress do you think you’d like?
    Me: Not long or white, not strapless or halter… bright color, knee-length full skirt, no veil?
    Lady in bridal shop: Yeah, we don’t have anything like that. Why don’t you let me bring you some things I think you might like?
    Me: Sure, you’ve known me for 30 seconds now, that seems foolproof.
    Lady in bridal shop: [Brings me long white dress.]
    Lady in bridal shop: Do you want me to get you a veil to try?
    Me: No thanks, I don’t want a veil.
    Lady in bridal shop: Let me grab you a veil.
    Lady in bridal shop: [Puts veil on my head.]
    Lady in bridal shop: See, it looks so good! You should wear a veil. I mean, what other day in your life will you get to wear a veil?
    Me: Maybe when Nick dies fighting a holy war, and I enter a convent?
    Lady in bridal shop: [silence]
    Me: And then every day following that day, I guess.
  • edited December 2011
    Amethst- haha thats pretty funny.

I just dont know what to do. I also just noticed I look about 15 in these photos. I feel like I am going to hate my wedding photos simply because I look so young (I'm not- Im 25!)

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I got the same dress mine comes in the 1st week in july i cant wait!!! ilove the dress!!! I also got mine at marry & tux!!!! you look gorgeous! im all for a veil! congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Star - you look gorgeous! I think that dress is just perfect on you. Love the veil further back on your head like that, too, and especially with the flower.  The whole look is just fab. If you're not in love with the veil, like a PP said, you could always just take that off after the ceremony and keep it flower-only. Either way, I think you have a winner here. Congrats chicky! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Your dress looks amazing! Great choice! I love your veil. Where did you get it?
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies so much!

Ipuella- I think that is what I am going to do... veil for the ceremony only.

JMP- I tried that veil at Marry and Tux in Nashua. The flower isn't attached. BUT that veil was $280.. I am trying to get it cheaper cause really thats insane.

my book shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Occansey Designs? I'm having my veil custom-made there for like 1/3 the price of anything I liked in a store.  Kathy, the owner, is so great to work with, too! I bet she could help you find something you liked for a lot less!
  • edited December 2011
    oo thanks!!! I will look into it. of course the more i look at the photos.. the more i want the veil.. even though i hated them before!

my book shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    it's funny how it happens like that!! i was the same. just do whatever makes you smile the biggest...brides are allowed to change their minds. :o)
  • edited December 2011
    I was originally not going to wear a veil - And then my mom let me make a veil from her wedding dress and it came out fantastic. I think the veil looks nice with your dress, but it's YOUR day, so I think you should do what makes you comfortable
  • edited December 2011
    I never wanted a veil either until I saw yours! Too funny. I may throw a request on etsy and see what comes back. My dress is very ivory anyway, so may need an ivory flower. Good luck and thanks for sharing!
  • Eggshell31Eggshell31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GET THE VAIL! You looked so beautiful in it! PLEASE get it- Made me tear up a bit Cry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards