Registry and Gift Forum

Should I register?

This is not a first wedding for either myself or my fiancée. We are both adults that are mostly set up. There are a few household things I'd like. We are having a very small, intimate wedding with only 30 guests, but plan to send out wedding announcements to the rest of our friends and family after. 

I'm not sure if we should register though. My fiancée says it feels like begging people for gifts, but I had a friend (who is not coming to the wedding) that we should register. 

Thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should I register?

• With a 30 person guest list, I'd skip it.  Presumably these 30 people are close enough that they know what you want/need.  

Most people don't send a gift with an announcement, so unless you kept the registry to 10-20 items, it would feel like you were expecting gifts from the people who weren't invited.  
  • Thank you :)

That's what I was thinking as well. I figure that with so few people so close to us, anyone that gets us something wouldn't pay attention to a registry anyway :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hmm.. good points you two.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I`d set up a small registry.  There must be something you`d like to upgrade...and then you wont get a hula skirt lamps and etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards