Texas-Austin

Winfield Inn knotties

My wedding is at the Winfield Inn over Labor Day weekend and I am freaking out about it being too hot.  Has anyone gotten married or been to a wedding there when it's been this hot out?  If so, how bad was it really?  Did the really expensive fans help at all?

Re: Winfield Inn knotties

• sheadaysheaday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at the Winfield in December and it was COLD outside- 35 degrees and the pavillion area did nothing no keep the cold out, so it probably will do nothing to keep the heat out. The bride rented the heaters and it did nothing to warm the place so I'm thinking renting fans would have the same non-effect.
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just there to visit for a 2nd time this Sunday, it was hot out but the shade from the Oak trees worked wonders!
    I would definitely recommend cooling-fans but be optimistic - its cools down a lot after dark!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • kirsten3333kirsten3333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are getting there next May and I was a little nervous about the heat too!  But, it is true, under the trees it is significantly cooler!  I went for a visit two weeks ago in the middle of the day and it was noticeably cooler on the property than when we were in town.  Rent the fans but don't worry too much about it!   Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    Hey Kirsten, 

I am Jeanne's niece LOL.  We will let you know how it turns out but I am guessing you will be fine in May.  Just a reminder that you are welcome to borrow our hurricanes and anything else for your big day.  I am sure Jeanne will show all the pics.  Let me know if you need recs.

BTW, we just went out there yesterday when it was 106 out and honestly it wasn't that bad.  We are renting the cooling the fans for sure since they are running by 2 for 1.  I think Jerod was freaking me out more than anything since most of our guests will be form KC and not used to the hot weather.

Cheers,
    Jessie
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually the weekend after you at Winfield. We are getting the fans for sure. This summer has been SO bad in terms of humidity as well. I asked April if they make a big difference and she said they are like AC units. So I would just get the fans and try not to worry about the heat too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards