Wedding Etiquette Forum

Chit chat, anyone?

Re: Chit chat, anyone?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:a6e8caec-fbb9-4a42-b51e-27658d725cd8">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did he manage to break his leg in 2 places aleigh? Petal your sig is huge.
    Posted by SoundersChick[/QUOTE]

I know. I'm trying to fix it. I've had problems lately where I can't resize using tinypic anymore.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And yeah - Petal, I love the pic - but it was huge.
  • I've also only been to about 3 or 4 baby showers and one was my own.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The photographer got a picture of the "before" moment. I'll have to post it when she sends me the pictures. He had way too much to drink and H thought it would be funny to ask the DJ to play a hardcore song (you should've seen the looks on our family's faces) and the BM rolled over another GM while they were dancing and landed on his leg wrong. Totally killed the party but I was happy to get home earlier than I had planned haha
  • Aleigh that's kinda funny but sucks for him. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:216a68cb-1933-4e52-83cc-7f308ca63eb9">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aleigh that's kinda funny but sucks for him. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yeah. It was hilarious at the time. (sarcasm font)</div>
  • edited May 2012
    Yea, I'm sure at the time it was awful. But at the same time I think in a few years it'll be a funny story. 
  • Aleigh - that sucks about the BM! 

I am frustrated. FI & I planned to go camping with another couple of our friends of mine & FI's birthday (his birthday is June 29th and mine is June 30th). I just got a text from my FI's friend's gf & it said "so excited to go camping! theres a bunch of us going!" uh what? We arent anti social, but a lot of the people they hang out with are really hard parties/drink all night/weed etc. I am unimpressed. We had made the plans, it was FI and my idea and we invited his friend because his friend has been wanting to go camping as well. We just wanted it to be a relaxed weekend which is not going to be now. We might just bail which sucks cause we were looking forward to thid but we can just go by ourselves instead. Either way, I'm pissed. They could have atleast asked us if it was okay before inviting 10 other people. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I personally like the Horizon pattern better than the yellow, but that's just cause I like the pattern :)  I guess it depends on it you like round or not.  I think they are the same depth.  Do you want something with a lid? 
    Photobucket
  • Hey Aryn - Can you delete your posts with links to KJB's stores and confine your questions to PM's?  I know KJB isn't a vendor, but I don't want there to be any grey area should anyone else call it into question.

Thanks!

• DileniN, that blows. I would be uber mad. Is there a way just you and your FI can go camping still without them?
  • Delini - That would be irritating.  If it was just a random weekend, I'd probably suck it up and keep my mouth shut and try to enjoy myself.  But, since it's your birthday weekend I don't think you have to do anything you don't want to.  Have your FI talk to his friend and confirm that you just want to be a party of 4 for the weekend.. or else bail and do what you and FI want for your weekend.
  • Aryn - Oh I know! I am pissed. Yeah, thats what we might end up doing, we went by ourselves last year & it was pretty fun. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Aryn!
  • Loopy, Sorry about that! 

KJB, I have no preference about a lid. I think I'm just going to get the yellow one because it totally matches my kitchen and would be great for cinnamon rolls. I'll probably be back for the other one soon, haha 
  • Loopy - Thats exactly how i feel. I dont want to sound bratty, but it was supposed to be our birthday weekend, it was our birthday plans! It's not something worth fighting over & they already invited all the people so I guess they cant really uninvite them so we will just tell them we are going to go ourselves. On top of it all, FI isnt all keen about hanging out/meeting a bunch of people he has never met before (he has a bit of anxiety). 

Argh. its just frustrating that they took our birthday plans and made it into a 'lets get piss drunk and party" weekend. They could have done it any other weekend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I want cinnamon rolls now, thanks Aryn. Maybe later this week when it's not 90 and 100 percent humidity I will make some.
  • I bought a chocolate filled croissant to have for breakfast tomorrow morning.  I am considering having it for dessert.  I apparently have no willpower ;).
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:72f1a505-6235-45a3-be4b-357c6a1a2606">Re:Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want cinnamon rolls now, thanks Aryn. Maybe later this week when it's not 90 and 100 percent humidity I will make some.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

Night threads always make me hungry or make me think I'm hungry.

Also, I sent you a MFP request.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just made some homemade garlic fries and mmmm they are delicious. Sorry to hear about your broken leg friend, aleigh! That would have been crazy. My great grandma passed out and had to be taken via ambulance to the hospital. But we kept partying after... Heh.
  • edited May 2012
    Haha you're welcome Nicki. I found an awesome vegan cinnamon roll recipe and have been obsessed ever since. 

Loopy, do you know the name of it?? It sounds a lot like what I would buy for a treat in Spain all the time but I never found out it's real name and have cravings for it all the time. 
  • Night threads used to make me want wine, but there's much less wine talk these days (nights).  Which is fine by me :).
  • Aryn - it's just a chocolate croissant from Panera.  But it's going to be YUM.
  • Sometimes the threads make me wish I liked wine. Granted I've only tasted a few different ones, but so far nothing is doing it for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I remember the wine chats really making me want some when I was pregnant. I normally avoided it but there were a couple nights that I just had to have a glass.
    1yearafterHow a year can make such a difference! Formerly Ciaram22Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Petal, do you know which ones you've tried?  Red/white? varietal?  Dry/sweet?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_chit-chat-anyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a35ff63b-5844-41d1-841d-d3b347d24ec2Post:9eeee2c6-8a79-4aa7-9e0a-78124f381f13">Re: Chit chat, anyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aryn - it's just a chocolate croissant from Panera.  But it's going to be YUM.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha apparently this is what I've been craving. That's too funny that this whole time I could've just grabbed one at Panera. </div>
  • Petal, you don't even like white zinfandel? I love a good blush wine. Or a cheap blush wine. I really like blush wines. 
  • I have no clue Loopy. I think they have both been white. We have a winery right down the road so I should go and try it out and do a tasting. I tend to drink fruitier alcoholic drinks and the wine I've tasted has just seemed bitter.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There was no wine around me when I was growing up so I really have no knowledge whatsoever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards