New York-New York City

Central Park or Queens Botanical Garden Ceremony

Hi!

Did anyone have their ceremony at Central Park or the Queens Botanical Garden?  I'm thinking of having my ceremony in one of those locations and do the reception elsewhere. 

What did you do for music??
1.  Music - No amplified music is allowed , can I get around it by using an Ipod/ Docking station?  or that's most likely considered amplified music haha..

2. Rain contigencies, is there any indoor place in Central park if there's rain on that day?
(I know Qns Botanical has an indoor area in case of rain

Please share anything else you think is useful regarding a ceremony in either one of these locations

THANKS!

El

Re: Central Park or Queens Botanical Garden Ceremony

• missUVmissUV member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning on getting married in Central Park next spring so I've been researching some of this. You're right, I think an ipod is "amplified music". You have to have live music, an acoustic duo or quartet - and it doesn't just have to be traditional, some groups will play your favorite covers etc.
    I don't think there is a rain alternative for CP that you don't have to pay for or pre-book. I read a note where someone referred to a rainy CP wedding they attended as one of the best they'd ever been to because the small group gathered under one of the (very many) beautiful bridges for the ceremony... which made it intimate and special... so, I'm planning something like that, i'll choose a place in CP that's near a bridge I love! :) And, worst case, I'll buy a whole bunch of fabulous red (or white) umbrellas to hand out ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    okay so long as you hire a quartet or something like that.

It's just that I've had my heart set on the super mario song .. won't sound quite right on an instrument,

the bridge sounds like a great idea, and right if you want to be really safe, buy some umbrellas. I've seen some extremely beautiful pictures of central park ceremonies.. there's some great photo ops, stone architecture etc. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards