Washington-Seattle

Jardin del Sol? Desperately Seeking Venue...

Hello Ladies!  I've been married for over a year now but I'm back on the Knot for my bestfriend. She lives in San Francisco but planning on getting married next year here in the Northwest. We are looking for a venue and she is really interested in Jardin del Sol.  With all my google skills, I can't seem to find many reviews on this place.  Anyone know of any? 

I've gone through all my venues I looked at from last year, many from where Knotties got married and all do not fit what they want (ie price, dates)  So if you guys have any ideas PLEASE throw them out there.

They want June -August evening wedding ( Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)
Anywhere from Snohomish down to Olympia
Guest list approximately 125-150
Looking for something outdoorsy or very Seattle. Nothing too formal
They are hoping for a budget for venue + catering +alcohol = $5000-$6000

Top contender right now is the Skansonia.

Thank you ahead of time. The Knot helped me find some great vendors such as Rev Ray, Laura Gram, and Kate McElwee so I'm crossing my fingers we can find my bestie a kick ass venue : )

Re: Jardin del Sol? Desperately Seeking Venue...

• amandaswamandasw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I posted a little review (I think) about a month ago because I was in a wedding at Jardin del Sol - I actually helped my friend find it and do some of the planning. 

All in all, I think it was really beautiful and everyone seemed to love it (I actually had random people come up and say they heard I'd helped and they thought it was a great location).  The dressing area for the girls was nice and I don't think they had any complaints really about the owner.  Oh, and it has a perfect area for dancing (whereas this might be difficult for most outdoor venues).  Now for the cons...

- there are only two bathrooms.  as in, two little rooms with toilet/sink. yeah, not exactly ideal, but I wouldn't call it a deal-breaker.

- I'm just not a huge fan of outdoor weddings for the reason that I wear high heals... and everything you walk on there is either gravel or grass (except for half of where the tables were and the dancing/cocktail area, which is concrete).  That said, the bride got us flip flops and that's what I wore the whole night except for the ceremony.

let me know if you have any other questions :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards