New York-New York City

New to the area!!

Hello!

I've just moved to Purcahse NY and I commute to New Jersey every day for work.  I am getting married in Massachusetts but I don't know anything about New York Wedding Expos and I need to find a dress!  Anyone know of any bridal expos or good stores for budget brides?

Thanks for any help!!

-Brittany

Re: New to the area!!

• kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! RK Bridal has a vast selection of dresses in a variety of price ranges. You should definitely go with a crew because it's difficult to navigate through all the dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • prusgirlprusgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go to RK Bridal! I loved Alisha!

Best to go mid-week between 10 - 1.  This place does NOT take appointments.  So it can be a zoo.  But that time you will get very personal service and you will be maybe one of three shoppers.
  • edited December 2011
    A lot depends on the kind of budget you have. If money isn't an issue and you are sentimental about the wedding gown experience you should start with the glam palces. SAKS and Bergdorf. Then add these to the list: Macy's, Kleinfeld, Wedding Atelier, Bridal Garden, Bridal Reflections, White Gown, Lotus Bridal, Priscilla of Boston, Designer Loft etc... 
    RK Bridal is absolutely a must but you won't get the dreamy shopping experience we all love :-)

Happy hunting!
  • MOMCHIKMOMCHIK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is a wedding gown sale where you will find hundreds of designer wedding gowns at crazy low prices!

The next stop on the Brides Against Breast Cancer Nationwide Tour of Gowns in Staten Island, NY on October 21-23!

Local brides-to-be will have an opportunity to find their dream gowns while making wishes come true for metastatic breast cancer patients.

The charity wedding gown sale features hundreds of beautiful gowns donated by manufacturers, designers, retailers and individuals. Specific gown prices range from $199 and up, including hundreds of brand name and designer gowns valued up to $8,000. Tiaras, veils, crinolines and other accessories will also be offered. Bridal gown donations will also be accepted for gowns 2006 and newer.

WHEN:
    VIP Night – Mini Bridal Show with Gown Sale
    $40 Bride Admission; $25 Guest Admission
    Thursday, October 21 from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m.
    Order tickets at
    http://babcstatenisland.eventbrite.com/

General Sale – Free Admission
    Friday, October 22 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
    Saturday, October 23 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
    Pre-register at
    http://makingmemories.org/bride_preregistration.html

WHERE:
    The Renaissance
    2131 Hylan Blvd.
    Staten Island, NY 10306

Want to Volunteer? Sign up at
    http://statenislandvolunteers.eventbrite.com/

Proceeds benefit Making Memories Breast Cancer Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to granting wishes to men and women battling stage IV breast cancer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards