Honeymoon Discussions

Need clothing/packing suggestions for Greece!

We're going to Greece in late June, early July. Would love packing suggestions as well as links to cute clothes for the trip!

Re: Need clothing/packing suggestions for Greece!

• Ann Taylor loft was a big hit for me. Also,got some cute cheap dress at the outlets ann taylor.
  • It will most likely be super hot around that time.  I went in September and it was still pretty hot.

I wore sun dresses and sandals pretty much the entire time.

• For the heat, think lots of linen and/or cotton poplin in lighter colors. That'll keep you the most comfortable. Though, it can get cool at night, so a light jacket would serve you well.

Keep the fit of your clothes trim to remain stylish, but with enough room to breathe. I'd also recommend a decent straw hat- something crushable, for ease of packing. Again, take a look at what the Greeks are wearing if you're concerned with emulating the style...you can always pick up some clothing over there if need be.

Shoes recommendations can get tricky... generally, If you're going to do a lot of walking on uneven terrain (cobblestone, rocky paths, etc.), I'd suggest something made of leather (will breathe well) with a discreet rubber sole good cushioning. Whether you go sockless is up to you (foot powder!)- just make sure those shoes fit really well. If you prefer socks, look for something with some synthetic or wool in it to help wick away moisture. Cotton socks are not your friends in the heat.

All these tips apply equally well to men and women.

Buon viaggio!

Thinking of tuxedos? Visit this site first: www.blacktieguide.com

What to expect from a rental tuxedo.

• TheDoctor gave excellent advice. I will just add that I did buy some amazingly comfortable sandals in Greece (either Santorini or Mykonos) so leave room in your luggage for things to come home!
  • Don't even bother with denim.  Stick with light breathable clothes.  Cotton and linen sundresses are a dream to throw on and wear.  I would dress up for dinner.  Unless you are in Athens, I'd skip heels.  Being a stiletto girl, I was shocked that mine barely left the suitcase.  That is a great time of the year to go. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards