Not Engaged Yet

Who's with me?

Let me just preface this by saying I almost never drink. In fact the last time I drank was probably at BF's brother's wedding which was 1 month ago now...

I'm not depressed, i'm not sad, I'm not a recovering alcoholic and I am not looking for an excuse to speak my mind and then forget all about it tomorrow...

but I really just want to get tipsy tonight! It's a Thursday and I have to be at work tomorrow at 6AM. This is totally not my norm and completely impractical. So who's with me? Anyone else think I should just go for it and let loose. I've been stressed all week and I just want to have my own little dance party at home tonight. haha

Re: Who's with me?

• edited December 2011
    Doooo eeeet! 
    Cheers!
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • karlee4everkarlee4ever member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They don't call it "thirsty thursday" for nothing. Why not? Let loose just don't fall on your face. I will be getting together with my friend to hit some golf balls and then have a few cocktails tonight so you won't be alone.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DO ET! I'm drinking a glass of wine as we speak (type...)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:5191cbbf-c2b7-4788-bac0-1f942daeb009Post:f803c577-89fd-420b-943c-915b61e2b671">Re: Who's with me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They don't call it <strong>"thirsty thursday"</strong> for nothing. Why not? Let loose just don't fall on your face. I will be getting together with my friend to hit some golf balls and then have a few cocktails tonight so you won't be alone.
    Posted by karlee4ever[/QUOTE]

Never have I ever....heard of "thirsty thursday", but it sounds like a good idea to me!
  • csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I'm heading out for happy hour with my bestie in 10 minutes :) She's a nurse and works weekends, so even though I will be at work at 8 tomorrow, Thursdays are the days we let loose when we are able to get together. And I will accept my possible minor hangover tomorrow with gratitude in order to have this fun time with her tonight!

• Allisonesq77Allisonesq77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just opened my first beer so I'm apparently with you on this one!!!
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Whoot do it!
    Sometimes girl just got to have fun ;)
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We'll join ya!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm in.  I got a new wine glass last weekend.  It has polka dots on it and it says "Save Water, Drink Wine."  I've been needing an excuse to use it.

I've also been craving a good vodka tonic lately.
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_whos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5191cbbf-c2b7-4788-bac0-1f942daeb009Post:c0bdcd18-41fe-44bf-94f7-00a4672a4a6b">Re: Who's with me?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in.  I got a new wine glass last weekend.  It has polka dots on it and it says <strong>"Save Water, Drink Wine."</strong>  I've been needing an excuse to use it. I've also been craving a good vodka tonic lately.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I wish there was a like button.</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I can't believe you've never heard of "Thirsty Thursday!"

I have a Structures exam at 9am tomorrow that I should probably study for....your idea sounds much more fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    I can't believe you've never heard of Thirsty Thursday.

Also, I'll be drinking tonight.  And probably tomorrow night.  And I have to be at work by 930 Saturday morning.  BOTTOMS UP!
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I am so not a good partier :)  But have fun!  I'm going to watch the USF vs. Pitt game in...oh, 1 hour and 28 minutes!

And eat some amazing chili I made for dinner :)  Such good football food!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I seem to wake up better for work when I drink the night before. Just drink a big glass of water before bed and you'll be employee on the week tomorrow!
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tipsy doesn't equal hung over. I'd say have a few and enjoy it. :)
  • Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was on the verge of cracking a bottle of wine. You've fully convinced me that it's a great idea. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • edited December 2011
    enjoy! I decided I'm going to say screw it to money and calories, and go to Olive Garden's never ending pasta bowl... MMMMMmmM. Sometimes we just have to do what we want to do food/drink wise, and disregard the consequences ;p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • elanniselannis member
    edited December 2011
    I so wish I had some wine right now ... but whenever I buy it, it doesn't ever seem to last very long, lol. I might have to get some for this weekend!
    -Ely

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    If I didn't have a French test in a few hours, I would totally join you!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • DanieKADanieKA member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bottoms up, my dear! I just had an evening cocktail myself! An oh so classy mini bottle of vodka that was lying around and grapefruit juice. It was surprisingly good. I told my brother it was like a $9 cocktail at a bar. Score!
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    edited December 2011
    I got my vodka tonic and am working on right now while I watch The Office. Great evening!
  • edited December 2011
    Relaxing with DVR and a beer right now :)

Enjoy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Defintely relax let loose.

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    Sorry that I'm just now catching up!!  I had to work late, then an hour and a half drive home.  BUT I'm home until Monday and BF had dinner in the works (fajitas) and a cocktail ready for me when I got home.  Cocktail of choice tonight: Arnold Palmer with a kick AKA John Daly (sweet tea vodka with lemonade).  It's delightful and will sneak up on ya if you're not looking!!
  • SopChickSopChick member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Ok, done my French test. Break out the booze! Lol!
    Canada Cat Pictures, Images and Photos
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    edited December 2011
    Gosh dangit! I fogot my new bottle of fav wine at college!! RRRR!

Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a bit late but 1) tipsy dance parties are the most awesome stress reliever you have have with clothes on! 2) I hope you enjoyed yours :)

I'm drinking a beer, watching Colbert, and Knotting. Life is good :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards