Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

song suggestions, please!

So I have found the songs that my parents and I are going to walk down the aisle to, but I cannot find a song that "matches" the style of them for the bridal party to walk down to. My parents are walking down to an instrumental version of Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles and I am walking down to an acoustic version of Blackbird. I really like that the two are upbeat and was kind of looking for another acoustic/instrumental Beatles song for the bridal party, but I haven't had any luck, so I have been searching on iTunes for a song to "match" but I can't find one :( I have looked thru the previous post about what songs everyone else is walking down to and listened to those but none of them were right either. I'm not the sentimental type so I don't care if the song means something to me. I guess that's it :) TIA!

Re: song suggestions, please!

• Options
    anddd yes i realize my full name is posted. . . oops. . . and with the new layout I couldn't figure out how to delete it. Soooo no need to burn me on that :)
  • Options
    What about an instrumental version of "All You Need is Love" or "With a Little Help From My Friends"?  I think either one would work.  I love Beatles music!!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options

There is a Paul McCartney song, "This never Happened Before"... I think it fits PERFECTLY.  Here is a youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkLq71IgIb4&feature=related

I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • Options
    "all you need is love" would be great.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions :)

StageManager14: I guess burn was a strong word. lol. What I meant was delete my post, not my profile, because I already made a new profile (this one) so I could post without my name being shown. But--I wasn't logged into the correct profile, ooopsie. Soooo if you know how to delete the thread, I'll do it now that I have the suggestions. :) Thanks for your concern though!
  • Options
    "Here, There and Everywhere".  Love it!

Ever heard of "You are the New Day?" - it's not a Beatles song but I thought of it when I was reading through your selections.  It's actually sung by, amongst others, the King's Singers, who are an acapella group who do a lot of Beatles arrangements.

I was debating asking one of my high school a capella groups to do "When I'm 64" as the recessional.  But nah, I don't want my students there, ugh. Would be cute, though slightly irreverant.
  • Options
    "Eight Days a Week"
  • Options
    There are lots of groups which do instrumental Beatles covers.  Search for Vitamin String Quartet, for instance, they do instrumental covers for a lot of classic rock songs (including by The Beatles).  Their cover of the Rolling Stones' "As Tears Go By" was even in an episode of "House" last year.  There are also bluegrass/punk/etc tributes to The Beatles you should be able to find. :)  I agree with suggestion for "With a Little Help from My Friends" if you're considering music for the Bridal Party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards