Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette weekend get-away or Bachellorete night hmmm Help!

Instead of having a bachelorette party for one night I thought it would be a great idea to make it a two day or weekend event with the girls.
Either to Cancun, Mexico, Miami, Florida or Chicago to paint the town red and go see the famous male strippers "Chippendales". I'm leaning towards the Chippendales because its closer to home and I always wanted to have them dance for me whoot, whoot.lol
So what do you ladies think? Bachelorette vacation or just one day in town?

Re: Bachelorette weekend get-away or Bachellorete night hmmm Help!

• edited December 2011
    If you are the bride, you shouldn't be planning your b-party at all.

Either way, your choice is going to depend on who is coming and what they can afford.  Ask the bride who her must haves for the guest list are and poll them to see what their budget is.

Personally, I'd vote for Chippendales!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm hitting Vegas with the girls for my bachelorette party for 4 days. If it can be afforded, go for the weekend get-away.

• quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who does the bride want there and will those people go to a weekend getaway?  I would not go on a destination bach party.  So it really depends on the people involved.
    Married 10/2/10
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It has to do with everyone's finances. Some girls can easily afford a weekend get away while other members of the BP may find it a stretch just to afford dinner and a night out on the town. I would speak with all the girls involved and see what they're comfortable doing. Also, as a pp mentioned, not everyone is always into the idea of leaving town for a few days for a b-party. Just check with everyone to see what they're comfortable with and can afford, then go from there. GL!
  • edited December 2011
    WEEKEND!! but only if your girls can afford it, don't pressure them into, its hard to spend money on those things these days.  I'm fortunate that we are getting an incredible deal on a few hotels room at the beach for a weekend.  Otherwise, just do a night- it can be just as much fun and you wont have to worry about 2 days of hangovers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tychandlertychandler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weekend all the way.  I have already spoken to my girls about it and they are psyched.  If you or your BM's have any way of making it more affordable go for it.  My uncle has a timeshare, his daughter is my MOH, so we are set.  Only have to worry about airfare and booze money
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards