Wedding Woes

O-face, Other Runners

We went and had DH's stride/gait analyzed on Saturday.

DH broke his (R) toe a few years ago and has had problems ever since.  It has been keeping him from running.

First off, he is a heel striker, no matter what.  Even barefoot on the treadmill, he was heel striking.  I doubt he'll ever get into a minimalist shoe.  It made my teeth hurt, thinking of the jarring he was taking.

More interesting: He was flexing his big toe up, heel striking and rolling onto blade of foot so that his big toe never took any weight which was causing all of his strain problems.

Now, he's in a stabilizing Brooks, O-face.  Those things are TANKS of shoes.  It's amazing that it's able to be as light as it is.  And OUCH @ the price.  We bought those there, but we're going to check at some other stores to see if we can get a 2nd pair a little cheaper.

Re: O-face, Other Runners

• Brooks Beast? 
  • Hm, I think it was the pureflow or cadence.  It's hard to tell from the pics, but those look the closest. There's this huge ball thing on the outside arch that he can't roll over basically, it just keeps him from that.  But still has good cushion support on that heel.

I've actually got a thank you note to send them.  We had probably the best customer service I've ever had in my life re: finding shoes.  DH was able to take them outside for running, treadmill, whatever he wanted and she ran he through at least 7 different pairs looking for the right one.  

And their return policy is basically, if you ever had any problems, bring them back.  As long as there's under 200 miles on them, they're just not going to care, they'll set you up with something else.
  • Oh and I want a pair of their shoe laces.  Those suckers are just brilliant.
  • The lumpy ones? (re: the laces)
    I like them alot.

I'm surprised he ended up with minimal shoes, but then again---with his weird foot form, it will allow him to just be rather than forcing him into something.
  • He wanted a more minimal heel.  And I think with the toe, being flatter was actually more comfortable somehow?  IDK, she started him with a normal cushiony one and he liked it alright, but when he put these on, you could just tell it was the shoe.  He wants a 2nd pair just for every day.

yes, the lumpy laces.  What a brilliant idea.
  • Varuna-that was how I felt when I got my pureflows.  *sigh of relief*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards