Illinois-Southern Illinois

Bloomington (or central Illinois) DJ's, caterers, and reception halls

Hi!

I have just recently started planning my wedding, and I was looking for some recommendations.

Can anyone recommend any reception halls, DJ's, or caterers?  How much do they normally charge?

Thanks!

Re: Bloomington (or central Illinois) DJ's, caterers, and reception halls

• edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm in Bloomington too!  I'm in the beginning stages of planning my wedding, so I can't speak from my own wedding experience, but there are a lot of nice places in the B/N area to have your reception.  The Double Tree always has nice receptions as well as the reception halls at ISU (Bone Student Center).  The Double Tree can get pricy though.  Good luck!!!
  • ckastner1ckastner1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the advice!

My mom was planning on checking out some places this week... but now I'm not sure if anyone will be getting out due to the weather!  Oh well, everything will happen when it's supposed to happen!

When are you planning on having your wedding and what do you have planned out so far?
  • edited December 2011
    Right now we're looking to have our wedding in June of 2013- between saving for it and me finishing school while working full time, we just need to wait a while, so I haven't really planned much.  I'm so indecisive about things, I'm sure I'll change my mind by the time I need to start planning.

Hopefully your Mom can get out this week.  It's pretty bad out right now!  Hope all goes well for you and if you need a sounding board or anything, feel free to message me!
  • Dayna3773Dayna3773 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Times DJ from Decatur is awesome!  I'm from just outside of Decatur and I've never heard anyone say a negative thing about their services - they are truely the best in the area.  I'm sure they would go to Bloomington.  I've got them booked for my wedding in April!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also getting married in Bloomington/Normal. My wedding is in November. I'm having my reception at the Parke Hotel. They have gorgeous ballrooms, but they are pretty expensive. I know there are a couple DJs that are good, but also pricey. If you're looking for someone that's still good, but a little cheaper, we're using Absolute Light & Sound. Our photographer is Kelly Lyle. He's good, but there are A LOT of good photographers. We're getting our cake from Janet's Cakes. They taste amazing. You might also check out BNWeddings.com. It has a lot of local vendors. I hope I helped. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SheTeachesSheTeaches member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, Central IL brides!  My son was married here in Bloomington last year, and the reception was held at the Holiday Inn near the airport.  They took very, very good care of us.  Both of us mothers were impressed, and the guests complimented the food for several months. 

Good luck with your planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards