North Carolina

Anyone doing a slideshow?

We are wanting to make our own slideshow....any suggestions on what program/software to use?  Also, where can I get it?  Thanks!

Leigh Anne & Billy
*October 2nd, 2010*
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone doing a slideshow?

• wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided not to do one but I've always used powerpoint to make slideshows.
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It all depends on how you will play it, in a computer, DVD player etc...

We played ours on TV screens hooked up to computers.  So, I was able to make it in PowerPoint and export it to a CD. Then, the slideshow plays automatically when inserted into a computer.  I made one picture per slide and then selected which transitions I wanted and how long before moving to the next slide. 

There are lots of other ways to do it, but this is what I did. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_anyone-doing-slideshow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:3b83d0aa-f841-46de-8cad-e15b108bb5a2Post:fbba5b24-bd34-4ea0-b43e-860bd807c492">Re: Anyone doing a slideshow?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It all depends on how you will play it, in a computer, DVD player etc... Posted by meredithl618[/QUOTE]
    Meredith---we are going to play it from a laptop hooked to projector that will display it on a projector screen.

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
  • janice1980janice1980 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are playing it from a computer, I also suggest powerpoint.  It is very user friendly!
    G/L
    panther Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Then, I'd suggest powerpoint if you don't have another photo program that can generate them. 

If you want to do it in a photo managing/editing program, look into Picasa, which is free and by Google. It looks like you can make slideshows there too. 
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My cousin seems to be planning one. She had inserts in their invitations asking married couples to send in pictures from their own weddings because they 'appreciate our marriages'. . . I wasn't sure how to take it and haven't decided to send in a picture or not.

I probably will just so I wont be a party pooper.

Anyways. . powerpoints have always been the easiest for me :o)
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is making one for us -- I just have to get to he post office to send her the cd with all our scanned in 'growing up" pictures.  She will be using Windows Movie Maker.  I think it comes standard on a lot of newer computers.  I have seen her shows before, and it lets you add music to go with the pictures, and she usually plays a bunch of different songs to go with whatever pictures are on.  She is also going to add in some cute video clips of FI as a kid that I like :)

By the way, we discovered Fed Ex Kinko's has a scanner that you can use to scan in old pictures, and have them burnes onto a cd for around $5.00 a cd.  Took us about an hour to scan in 150 pictures (we had not narrowed them down yet).  It would have taken us forever to use our printer/scanner at home to do that many, so we were more than happy to spend $10.00 to put the pics on 2 cds and save time.  Walgreens has this too, but they limit you to 24 pictures on a cd.  Kinkos allowed as many as would fit on the cd, which turned out to be 100.
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI made a slideshow that he showed me when he proposed. It had pictures of us growing up, pictures of us older, and then pictures of us together. He used a different song for each section. He made it with the idea to use it at the wedding too. We will just add pictures from the last year before hand. He used Microsoft Photo Story to make it.

Something interesting that he learned when he was researching what he wanted to do was that people said to not make it longer than 10 minutes because people would loose interest in it. I think though if it's something to be played in the background that longer wouldn't be a bad thing.  I also love looking pictures so maybe I'm not the best to judge it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_anyone-doing-slideshow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:3b83d0aa-f841-46de-8cad-e15b108bb5a2Post:6ebc60dc-e828-44d7-bc37-8a60e49d314d">Re: Anyone doing a slideshow?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister is making one for us -- I just have to get to he post office to send her the cd with all our scanned in 'growing up" pictures.  She will be using Windows Movie Maker.  I think it comes standard on a lot of newer computers.  I have seen her shows before, and it lets you add music to go with the pictures, and she usually plays a bunch of different songs to go with whatever pictures are on.  She is also going to add in some cute video clips of FI as a kid that I like :) By the way, we discovered Fed Ex Kinko's has a scanner that you can use to scan in old pictures, and have them burnes onto a cd for around $5.00 a cd.  Took us about an hour to scan in 150 pictures (we had not narrowed them down yet).  It would have taken us forever to use our printer/scanner at home to do that many, so we were more than happy to spend $10.00 to put the pics on 2 cds and save time.  Walgreens has this too, but they limit you to 24 pictures on a cd.  Kinkos allowed as many as would fit on the cd, which turned out to be 100.
    Posted by Beth0882[/QUOTE]

we are doing on--that is great news
  • edited December 2011
    My Mom and FMIL are making ours, we have no idea what it will even look like, so I honestly don't know what program they are using.

My question is though, is this supposed to be played during your first dance? Or just at some point in the night?
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards