Massachusetts-Boston

Looking for Restaurant for wedding dinner 11 people

Hi Gals!
I just got engaged last week! We have been together 2 yrs, bought a house and car together this past May. We decided that since my family was coming up in November from Florida, to just have a small ceremony with a JP and then go to a really nice dinner somewhere. There will be 11 people total, and I'll looking for something with a nice atmosphere, really great food, maybe 4 or 5 course dinner, where we might be able to have a private/semi-private room. My mom wanted to make our cake so possibly a place that would let us bring it. Possible also that the JP could to the ceremony at the restaurant? We are in the Boston, Cambridge, Malden area... I've searched the boards and seen a lot of recs for Mistral, L'andana, L'espalier.  I'm thinking around $1,500-$2,000 maybe?
Thoughts, suggestions?!
Thanks ladies

Re: Looking for Restaurant for wedding dinner 11 people

• edited December 2011
    I am kind of obsessed with Mooo.  It is owned by the same company as Mistral & L'andana etc.  I just think the decor is so chic and beautiful.  The food was great and I know they have a private wine room that you can rent out as well.

http://www.mooorestaurant.com/home.html
    Anniversary
  • jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Asana at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel has an AMAZING private room/chef's table.  It is adjacent to the kitchen, and has a glass wall so you can see them preparing dinner, and the atmosphere in the room is incredible (very warm).  The table itself is a huge cross-section of a tree (just gorgeous!), and I believe the walls are imported silk...?  I can't remember though.  I tried looking for a pic online, but the one I found I think had a different set up from when I toured it, so, obviously, you'd want to set up a tour to see it.  Even if you don't pick it, I think it's worth checking out ;)
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • JulieJ11JulieJ11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Abe & Louie's in a private room, but Davio's was a close second. Both have private dining. Davio's has a per person price and Abe&Louie's has a 1500 food/beverage minimum.
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stella in the South End has a very modern private room

ETA: If it were me, I would probably search Zagats for restaurant with a private room, and then narrow it down from there. Grill 23 has gorgeous private rooms, but more traditional decor.
  • MondocurioMondocurio member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas!!!  I'm still looking. Good idea about Zagats!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards