May 2013 Weddings
Options

To AI or not to AI

Can you all help me decide on whether or not we should do the AI thing or not?  We're pretty set on going to Puerto Vallarta for our honeymoon.  One of my bridesmaids goes there at least twice a year.  She has recommended a small, traditional mexican flare style hotel for us to book.  This hotel is adults only and offers AI packages.  I've never been to Mexico and one of the things I'm really looking forward to is meeting the locals.  I guess I'm afraid that if we book an AI package somewhere (especially if we go to a resort) that we won't get that experience.  Also, will we be waisting $ on the package when we know we want to dine out and go to the local bars/clubs?  Am I overthinking this???  Any advise would be very much appreciated. 

Re: To AI or not to AI

• Options

We're staying at an AI resort just because we want to relax and not deal with where to eat, drink, etc. In your case, if you already know you will spend most of your time off the resort then I say don't do AI.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2013-weddings_to-ai-or-not-to-ai?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:ea657a87-d1dc-4588-999f-31c9deeef720Discussion:b1bcf6fc-2284-40d2-b2dd-31702ed36cd8Post:536aadfb-cf9a-4acf-89aa-260521230aa0">Re: To AI or not to AI</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're staying at an AI resort just because we want to relax and not deal with where to eat, drink, etc. In your case, if you already know you will spend most of your time off the resort then I say don't do AI.
    Posted by Pnutbutr[/QUOTE]

Agreed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with PP's
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    192 invited image
    69 will be there image
    5 will be missing out image
     118 haven't RSVP'Dimage
    RSVP Deadline: May 3rd
  • Options
    If you know you want to dine elsewhere, I wouldn't go with AI because it would be wasting money. I like variety (not to mention Hawaii doesn't have AIs) but I would personally not go with one. But I don't think you can go wrong either way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thank you all.  That's kind of the way I was leaning too.  So many people just keep pushing the AI thing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards