Wisconsin

Unique ideas to get bride & groom to kiss

My fiance and I are looking for a unique way to do the whole  get the bride and groom to kiss. We are doing a snowflake theme wedding so we were trying to find something that went along those lines (although our cake topper is the bride fishing for the groom). I thought about having something along the lines of having to "catch a fish" in order to get us to kiss to go along with the cake topper theme but am looking for other ideas. Any help or suggestions!?!?!?!?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Unique ideas to get bride & groom to kiss

• edited December 2011
    what about bells? jingle bells or sleigh bells are both winter themed (although jingle bells might be more Christmas-y).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I read about one wedding where they kissed everytime someone at the reception made a donation to their favorite charity.  Not exactly winter themed, but definitely in the spirit of giving!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_unique-ideas-bride-groom-kiss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:bc12ba4c-7375-4ab9-b67f-15571bb53744Post:bd0895f7-03fd-4fa0-8b27-0de250e50048">Re: Unique ideas to get bride & groom to kiss</a>:
    [QUOTE]I read about one wedding where they kissed everytime someone at the reception made a donation to their favorite charity.  Not exactly winter themed, but definitely in the spirit of giving!
    Posted by arj14[/QUOTE]

oh i like that idea!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • edited December 2011
    Keep in mind that no matter what you do, your guests will still clink their glasses.  (Since most see this as tradition and have no problemt participating - though the bells might work as a good substitute as the pp suggested)

I have seen:

Donations to a charity
    hula-hooping
    putting to a disc golf basket
    singing a song
    having to repeat a kiss (first performed by the guests)
    Sharing a story about the bride or groom
    bells

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lwogslandlwogsland member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my brother bought a little kiddy fishing pole with the rubber end to it....and had us cast it into a bucket...we got 2 tries. if you made it in, they'd kiss...

maybe 5 people made it in...but we all had fun trying!
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to have the guests stand up and kiss another guest if they want us to kiss...somewhat unique, but not to the point where people will think its over the top
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kropee10kropee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I can think of ways I would NOT recommend: having someone swallow a goldfish and/or minnow or having someone do a shot everytime they want you to kiss. Both end badly. I agree with having the repeat kiss because it gets your guests involved.  Also...where did you find your cake topper?

FormerlyMsKrop
  • edited December 2011

Thanks everyone for the ideas! Those are all really good ideas.  I will have to keep those all in mind.

I actually found the cake topper on David's Bridal's site. We got it a little bit ago when they were having a sale. You do have to buy the bride and groom seperately though.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jennya.esqjennya.esq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding where the table of guests had to stand up and sing a song or part of a song with the word "love" in the lyrics.  We had great fun trying to come up with songs and singing them (badly in most cases).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards