February 2012 Weddings

It's too quiet here!

Is anyone else planning a February wedding?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's too quiet here!

• Me!! I can't wait for it to come closer so this board gets some action.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I felt like I was the only one here! lol... It's nice to meet other winter brides, especially from the area. Have you picked a venue yet?
  • Yes, the Lakeside Manor in Hazlet, NJ. You?
  • I looked at the Lakeside Manor's website. The place is beautiful- I especially liked the pics that showed the uplighting.
    We are ready to book the Hilton in Staten Island but haven't booked yet. This might sound crazy, but i'm so scared to put money down and commit on a place!
  • Hi Everyone!

My fiance and I are thinking about a February 2012 wedding.  I'm hoping to meet with our priest in a couple of weeks to finalize a date.  We started looking at venues but we haven't picked yet.  I'm a little nervous to book now too!  So far we've looked at Lucien's Manor and the Castle Delran (South Jersey). =)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My FI and I are planning a February 11, 2012 wedding.  I am so excited to begin planning.  I have lots of ideas, but nothing is set in stone.  My best friend is getting married next month so I have been focusing on her wedding.  After her wedding, ours will be 1.5 years away.  I figure I can start looking at venues and planning then.  
  • Hi Mascioc and Kms! February 2012 seems so long away, but everyone keeps telling me the time goes by so quick. I'm hoping it does. At least we are giving ourselves time to plan.
  • I am also planning a feb. wedding for 2012! :) just picked the colors of the wedding and hopefully can start planning the rest soon enough. :) 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_its-quiet-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:da4770ba-95d5-4b29-b8bc-da8aa547db67Post:38ccda29-2380-4f80-83c0-29c0700b495b">Re: It's too quiet here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I looked at the Lakeside Manor's website. The place is beautiful- I especially liked the pics that showed the uplighting. We are ready to book the Hilton in Staten Island but haven't booked yet. This might sound crazy, but i'm so scared to put money down and commit on a place!
    Posted by JadziaDax[/QUOTE]
     I was the exact same way. We kept looking at places and realized nothing compared to it.The Hilton is gorgeous, congrats!
  • I'm an already married lady.

But a suggestion - even getting close to the wedding Dec/Jan/ Feb/March  boards never have nearly the traffic of others.   And because of it, people in those months check in, see no action and check out.

Why don't you post to Knot Annie - or use the contact email - and ask if your board and one or 2 other  months  could be combined?

Let's face it, there is not a heck of a lot of difference between a Jan 28 wedding and one on Feb 4,  it is pretty arbitrary. 

Having 10 to 20 regular posters mean at least a few daily.

Just a thought.   Wag
  • Love your user name :) I thought she was the prettiest one on ST DS9 :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Thank you! Yeah she was always my favorite character..
  • exenoexeno member
    First Comment
    I am! We're planning on keeping our current anniversary, Feb 26. Even though it's ages away, it seems like I don't have enough time to get everything done. Mostly saving up.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_its-quiet-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:da4770ba-95d5-4b29-b8bc-da8aa547db67Post:52d46ea4-9f34-4e16-a467-45c5392baf52">Re: It's too quiet here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI and I are planning a February 11, 2012 wedding.  I am so excited to begin planning.  I have lots of ideas, but nothing is set in stone.  My best friend is getting married next month so I have been focusing on her wedding.  After her wedding, ours will be 1.5 years away.  I figure I can start looking at venues and planning then.  
    Posted by kms31690[/QUOTE]

<div>My FI and I are planning for that date too! My family seems none to happy about it... we've had a HUGE snow storm here in the Cleveland, OH area that weekend for the past 3 years... I really wanted to get married on Valentine's Day, but don't want to wait for 2015 (next time its a saturday) and didn't want to do a civil ceremony in a courthouse.... So we'll have a Feb. wedding, and make it vaguely Valentine's Day themed!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_its-quiet-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:da4770ba-95d5-4b29-b8bc-da8aa547db67Post:68d571a7-bf6a-4456-9f85-b0b2811ee0be">Re: It's too quiet here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's too quiet here! : My FI and I are planning for that date too! My family seems none to happy about it... we've had a HUGE snow storm here in the Cleveland, OH area that weekend for the past 3 years... I really wanted to get married on Valentine's Day, but don't want to wait for 2015 (next time its a saturday) and didn't want to do a civil ceremony in a courthouse.... So we'll have a Feb. wedding, and make it vaguely Valentine's Day themed!
    Posted by h88weber[/QUOTE]

<div>Woo! We are date twins! My grandmother is none too happy about it either. She is so afraid that it will snow. Oh well if it does. My FMIL got married on February 15th and she said that they had a blizzard that day but it really didn't affect their attendance. I'm so excited to begin planning. I have plenty of ideas but the only thing I bought is the flowers. I wanted silk flowers (mainly because I wanted roses and around VDay the price will be crazy!). I found the perfect flowers at Michaels for 50% off.  I got enough flowers for everyone for under $60! I just couldn't pass that up. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_february-2012-weddings_its-quiet-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:94076715-01be-4544-b5ad-db7fe810eb77Discussion:da4770ba-95d5-4b29-b8bc-da8aa547db67Post:a87a82ee-8cf0-478c-816d-92c2c95a7dce">Re: It's too quiet here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: It's too quiet here! : Woo! We are date twins! My grandmother is none too happy about it either. She is so afraid that it will snow. Oh well if it does. My FMIL got married on February 15th and she said that they had a blizzard that day but it really didn't affect their attendance. I'm so excited to begin planning. I have plenty of ideas but the only thing I bought is the flowers. I wanted silk flowers (mainly because I wanted roses and around VDay the price will be crazy!). I found the perfect flowers at Michaels for 50% off.  I got enough flowers for everyone for under $60! I just couldn't pass that up. 
    Posted by kms31690[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I really wanted live flowers, but I'm definitely going to be checking my options, I don't want to spend my whole budget on one thing! I'm totally going to check out Michael's for a sale like that!<span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span>

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the maid of honor/free wedding planner for my sister's Feb. 2012 wedding. They just got engaged last weekend, but are looking at 2/25/12.

• I just changed my wedding date from this June to next winter Jan or Feb haven't really decided yet. Once it get closer it should pick up. There were a ton of girls chatting in June so you just gotta wait til the date gets prob around 9 months out til things really start to pick up here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards