Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Consignment wedding dress

Would you buy a name brand wedding dress if it was once worn? 

Would you feel more comfortable buying the dress if you could go to a store to try the dress on and see what condition the dress is in vs. buying it online?

Re: Consignment wedding dress

• I bought my dress from Sabrina Ann (a bridal consignment store out in Ardmore). I had a great experience shopping there - everything was sorted by size, a huge variety of dresses, and great staff. The dresses themselves were in amazing condition overall. I ended up buying a $2600 Paloma Blanca gown for just over $1300 including tax. The store also allows you to put a dress on hold for several days for only $25, which was nice. 

That being said, you can also shop online. I personally would only buy from a website if I knew in advance that the measurements were correct (unless you plan to alter) or if the seller is close enough for you to go and check out the dress in person before buying. Check the return policy - some of those sites don't allow returns for any reason, including damage during shipment.
  • I tried on numerous dresses in the store and everything fit so differently, I couldn't trust buying online. I need to see it on me first.
    I'd most definately buy from a consignment if I found exactly what I wanted.

Nobody else is going to know where you shopping. ;)

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
  • Not gonna lie, I kind of wish I had gone this route instead of settling for a DB dress. I was in love with Sottero & Midgley but convinced I wouldn't be able to afford them. I would only buy the dress online if I was able to try it on first somewhere else.
    Anniversary
  • I would definitely buy a used dress if I could try it on, or if the online vendor would allow a return if it didn't work out! I definitely am going to check out this Consignment shop in Ardmore!
  • I fell in love with a few Allure dresses. I went to a boutique that sold them and tried on the ones I liked, knowing I wouldn't be able to afford them.

Then I stalked a few websites for about a week and bought my dress for just about half of the retail price. I personally bought it from recycledbride.com but that just turned into tradsey.com.

The other websites I stalked were:
    oncewed.com
    preownedweddingdresses.com

Go for it!
  • I bought my dress from brides against breast cancer. which sells both new, sample, and used dress at a heavily discounted price.

I bought a maggie sottero for 260 (which I think was used, but my wedding dress alteration lady said it wasn't... either way I think it's a steal.)

I also bought a veil for 60.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards