South Asian Weddings

Wedding Invitations

So we are planning on having indian themed invitations. We originally were planning on having them picked up in India, but that may not work. I have been looking at invitation websites and was wondering:
1) Are they reliable?
2) Any trouble with wedding invitations being delivered through customs?
3) is it any cheaper, or should we just find cards here in the US?
4) any good sites?

any help would be great? Thanks ladies!

Re: Wedding Invitations

• edited December 2011
    I find even with the crazy shipping charges the indian cards are cheaper. My friends got them from indianweddingcards.com. I think most of them are reliable, but the bigger names would be better.
  • edited December 2011
    I had ordered samples from indianweddingcard.com and they were pretty quick about it. I ordered some of the ones I had wanted to see and then they also set a set of an invite, seating card, favor box, program, menu etc so that you could see the whole suite of matching "accessories" to the invitation.

They shipped via Fed Ex and I didn't have to do anything with customs.

Like DFW said, if you stick to the bigger names, I think you would be ok.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered from www.parekhcards.com for both wedding invitation and wedding program. They were prompt and quick.. I got my packages after printing after 3 days!  They also shipped via Fed Ex!

I worked with their employees to create our own wedding invitation, and wedding program, and added in my own clip art.

I've recommended these folks to a lot of engaged friends, who in the last few years have gotten married, and all of their invitations/ programs came out wonderful!!

I also used indianweddingcard.com for our favor boxes, and they came out wonderfully as well!

Link to Mrs. K's Wedding Invitation

Link to Mrs. K's Wedding Program

Link to Favor boxes

Hope that helps!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Mrs. K!

Thanks so much for posting your actual invitations, it is great to see finished product from a vendor, rather than just stuff on a website.

Thanks again!
    Abhi
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! That was really helpful
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_wedding-invitations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:430Discussion:4cd9154f-b2c5-4feb-93ce-03ec57af70e2Post:b48965d8-dde0-4576-8f19-53a6f0a22526">Re: Wedding Invitations</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Mrs. K! Thanks so much for posting your actual invitations, it is great to see finished product from a vendor, rather than just stuff on a website. Thanks again!
    Posted by Pandya Photography[/QUOTE]

I agree - stuff from a website doesn't give you the depth of how the words look :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards