Wedding Reception Forum

Help with summer favors!!!

So i first bought these clear containers to put cupcakes in as favors. We changed things up and will be serving cupcakes at the reception...which meanssss i need ideas for the clear containers! The lemon is the nearest item i grabbed to through in it just because it doesn't photograph well. I'm looking for something summery - trying to stay away from chocolates and stuff that can melt. I'm thinking "refreshing" but don't know what to do... even items that DONT go in the box would be a big help. does anybody know a website to buy cute little plants in a pot as favors? i like the idea of honey and jams, or truffles

as favors, but again - its summertime and i'm afraid those things would melt.

Re: Help with summer favors!!!

• For our favors we bought 12 pounds, yes 12 pounds, of original flavor Necco Conversation Hearts online -- just google it if you're interested -- i think it was from Amazon. My fiance loves these and has already eaten 3 pounds of them. I hope we got enough to make it til September 1! Conversation hearts aren't necessarily "summery", but they are colorful and all about love. They don't melt, and if they absorb water because it's humid, it just makes them easier to eat. 
  • that's a cute idea. i was thinking of something i could layer since its clear....at first i was thinking cookie mix and layer the flour, sugar, candies, but it's not big enough for cookie mix, it only holds about 2cups volume. Would layered m&ms, peanuts, granola for trail mix be cute? any other layering or cute see-through ideas?
  • I really like the layered trailmix idea!
    photo JamieMasonWedding-8992-S.jpg
  • You could buy a bunch of flower seeds and put some in each container.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards