Arizona-Phoenix

Vendor Reviews 11/5/11

Venue:  Arizona Golf Resort   (A)

It was a beautiful venue, the ceremony site was gorgeous and I was amazed at how well our reception came together.  The original wedding coordinator left with just a few months till our wedding, but the new coordinator was great about taking everything over and honoring everything that we had discussed with the previous coordinator.  The day itself was great and all the staff was awesome and made it run smoothly.  I think the only negative things we encountered was a tiny dispute for our final bill, but they were great about working it out with us.  Also, I was a little disappointed in the portion sizes at first glance of our plated dinner, but after eating the hors deovours, salad, bread, etc, it was actually pretty filling.  Overall, I would definitely recommend the venue.

Photographer:  Iris Creative Photography - Amy Pileggi (A+)

We don't have any pictures back yet since our wedding was only last weekend, but she was amazing to work with.  Even just seeing a few pics on the camera screen, I can tell they will be fantastic.  She was reasonably priced, quick to respond to any emails, does great work, and was fun to work with.  I highly recommend her to anyone.

DJ:  AZ Celebrity DJ - Juan (A)

Juan was awesome and great to work with.  My husband and I don't really listen to typical 'wedding' music, so having a good DJ was important to us to keep the party going.  He was really helpful in planning our reception timeline and making the event flow smoothly.  It was a really easy process selecting all of our main music and he did a great job playing good music to get people dancing during our reception.  I think one of the highlights for our guests was the newlywed game, everyone really seemed to enjoy it.

Officiant:  Spirit and Light - Jody Serey  (A)

Jody was really pleasant to work with.  She custom wrote our ceremony and was very open to all of our suggestions & changes.  She was extremely quick to answer any emails, was great during the rehearsal and ceremony and we absolutely love the keepsake booklet.

Florist:  Fiori Floral Design  (A)

Gina was great.  Flowers were my last priority for the wedding and we only did bridal party flowers professionally, and she still exceeded my expectations.  I really wasn't picky about what the flowers looked like or what type she used, I just gave her a general guidline for colors and they turned out beautifully.  She was really reasonably priced for what we got and I'm glad we decided to use her instead of me attempting to DIY them.

Wedding Dress:  David's Bridal - Awhatukee (A)

I know DB is kind of hit and miss, but I had a great experience with the Awhatukee location.  I didn't feel rushed or preasured into buying anything and was able to make my decision without someone hovering over me.  The dress came in 3 weeks after I ordered it and it was perfect.  No complaints about their service and I absolutely loved my wedding dres.

Alterations:  Janet Kirkman (A)

I found Janet from other brides' reviews on here and they definitely didn't lead me astray.  Janet was great to work with, did an amazing job on my dress, and was reasonably priced.

Hair Stylist:  Creations Salon - Tabby (A+)

Tabby was amazing!  I loved my hair style and she was such a joy to work with.  My sister (MOH) burned a hole through her bridesmaids dress while I was having my hair done and Tabby even offered to let us cut out a patch of her black pants to patch the hole with.  Talk about going above and beyond for a client!  She was really reasonable, especially for coming on site.  I definitely recommend working with her.

Wedding Cake:  Sweet Susans (A)

Susan was the baker that was included with our venue, and she did a great job.  I don't like cake, and wanted to actually be able to eat a piece of my own wedding cake, so she was able to do our top tier in cheescake so I was able to enjoy some.  Designing the cake with her was really easy as well, we discussed it a little at our tasting and then I emailed her a few pictures and she nailed it.

Invitations:  Target (A)

We actually just used a print at home invitation kit from Target and I'm so glad we went this route.  They were inexpensive, easy to use and looked great.  I can't believe how much people can spend on invitations that just get thrown away, so this was really a budget saver.  The only downside to the particular invites we used was that they were square, which is a special rate for postage, but it was still relatively cheap considering what bulkier invites would have cost.  I highly recommend going this route (whether it's Target, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc) for anyone not wanting to spend a fortune on invites.

Honeymoon:  Cabo Azul Resort, San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico (A+)

We actually just got back from our honeymoon today and it was amazing.  Cabo Azul is a beatiful resort (it is a timeshare property as well, but you don't have to do the presentation if you don't want to).  The rooms were breathtaking, the service was great, and the pool was to die for.  The pictures of this resort don't lie one bit, it's just as beautiful as it looks.
Anniversary

Re: Vendor Reviews 11/5/11

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad to hear you liked Jody. We're using her as well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Girlie1030Girlie1030 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congratulations!!!  Can't wait to see pictures.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome back and congratulations!    Your honeymoon sounds awesome!  =)

I'm glad everything went well for you, and it sounds like it was a great day.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had all great vendors! Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Jemmini, Did Tabby come to do your hair at your location?
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_vendor-reviews-11511?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:4b8648ab-98b2-4052-abf8-2acffd8e665ePost:16f03173-73c9-4a3a-be9f-d1b676254fad">Re: Vendor Reviews 11/5/11</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Jemmini, Did Tabby come to do your hair at your location?
    Posted by achicken[/QUOTE]

Yes.  I went to her salon for the trial, but she came on site for the day of.  She was awesome, I can't recommend her enough, she did a fantastic job.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards