Wedding Etiquette Forum

Unpopular Opinions?

Re: Unpopular Opinions?

• it's E pirate.  we do what we want.   stick around you'll figure it out.

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I was voicing my "unpopular" opinion, which was in disagreement with someone who said even if you live in a snowy climate you don't need it.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:75f782ba-61f9-4e24-8702-a089886ca1d5">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Unpopular Opinions? : I agree with you in a way, but <strong>I also think you have to have a LOT of faith in humanity to think we can really off a fully libertarian system</strong>. I just don't trust people to do the right thing that much.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

There is no completely "full" system. At least one that doesn't completely suck and then fall apart.  If systems could be that full, then the entire would should be communist, because then everyone would have equal amounts and we would all be perfectly lovely and happy.  But that's not the world we live in.  I think a system that allowed for more personal freedom/responsibility would make the US so much better.  So maybe an 80% Libertarian system that leans toward democratic. :)
    *** Signature in construction, please use detour***
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:f88d8dc5-e356-4768-83b4-5bafd8eddf18">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's E pirate.  we do what we want.   stick around you'll figure it out.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

So...this isn't the board where we hold hands and sing camp songs together?

Shiiit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:f88d8dc5-e356-4768-83b4-5bafd8eddf18">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]it's E pirate.  we do what we want.   stick around you'll figure it out.
    Posted by mandysmear[/QUOTE]

Lol.... Peachy Keen Jelly Bean. :)
  • I hate sweedish fish; They are super GROSS.
  • I dont care about people who get married and then have a bigger wedding, for whatever reason, later on. It's not hurting me and if i dont want to go, then i dont go.

I get offended by almost nothing and there are tons of words that some people get angry about that i dont even notice. (then i get yelled at for not noticing and not being angry)

I dont think any couple should have to find/pay for a babysitter at their wedding if they're not having kids but people are complaining.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • Ew. Jelly beans.

I don't care for popcorn. I'll eat a little bit once every few years and then I'm set.

The same goes for egg nog.
  • I love candy corn AND Swedish Fish.

Sour candy is stupid.
  • Candy corn is YUMMY!!!!! Boo Zippity LOL
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic There's no room for you mommy! Shorry!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:5cea9173-6252-4ebb-a794-44621f3e7333">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are we supposed to be attacking other's unpopular opinions on the unpopular opinions forum? I thought it was more just to voice our opinions. 
    Posted by PirateintheSky[/QUOTE]

Well I didn't think I was mean about it. I was just having a discussion.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I have credit card debt. We don't have a whole lot of money in savings. But we can afford to save up and still live week to week. We're about to sart making a baby. This is freaking my dad the hell out. He thinks we'll both lose our jobs and we'll be up shiit creek. Well, we're just having faith that that won't happen. Unless something ridiculous happens, we'll be fine.

I guess my opinion is you can have a baby even when you're not $10K deep in savings and completely debt free.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:1cf5c974-3c18-4981-809b-0616fe420f92">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love candy corn AND Swedish Fish. Sour candy is stupid.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Sour candy is masochistic. 
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • I also do not like candy corn or swedish fish. I do, however, like root beer. A lot.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I wish you guys would start playing by the rules. GOD.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • 1.  Cash bars are perfectly fine and expected in my area.  I have no issue with them at all, as long as non-alcoholic beverages are free.
    2. Money dance (in my circle it's actually called a sock dance)- is (I believe) a tradition for french-canadians, because every french-canadian wedding i've been to had one.  And I never had any issue with it either, it's actually quite hilarious to see a grown man (and usually the ring bearer) dance around in funny socks for change (and quite fun to throw money at them.
    3.  Not a fan of strapless dresses and I find them unflattering to most brides.
    4.  A-OK with adult only weddings (and having a flower girl/ring bearer exception - or close relatives as an exception), I find it ridiculous that people would expect you to invite their kids.
    5.  Find wedding showers totally useless in this day and age.  My mom keeps threatening to throw me one, I don't want one at all.
    6.  Agree with the garter toss as being pretty nasty.  Not something I want to see, do it at the hotel room later. 
    7.  Think monogrammed aisle runners, or virtually anything monogrammed is a bit AW for my tastes.
  • And Missy, I've never lived somewhere where it's routinely 20 below, so perhaps that would change my opinion.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I didn't realize this:  "I really am sorry if I offend, I tend to do that a lot. Oops! :)" was a sig.  I thought she was apologizing in EVERY post.

I was thinking, "man, if you need to apologize that much, maybe you should take a break."

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I like swedish fish AND sour candies.  I don't like candy corn.  If I wanted straight sugar, I'd just eat it from the bag.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I also hate monograms. OMG initials! And amysmomma, I agree about the shower. Having my friends buy me presents and then have a party so I can open them in front of people? Why would I do that?
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:03ad4c3a-09b1-499f-9098-d62dd90a3c3f">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have credit card debt. We don't have a whole lot of money in savings. But we can afford to save up and still live week to week. We're about to sart making a baby. This is freaking my dad the hell out. He thinks we'll both lose our jobs and we'll be up shiit creek. Well, we're just having faith that that won't happen. Unless something ridiculous happens, we'll be fine. I guess my opinion is you can have a baby even when you're not $10K deep in savings and completely debt free.
    Posted by georgia_bride09[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, and FI and I have done it.  We have a bit of credit card debt from some emergencies we had, and we're doing just peachy right now.  There are lots of ways you can save money with a baby.
  • I agree, Georgia.  I was thinking about that last night, actually.  If I wait until I have a huge savings account, am debt free, drive a nice new 4-door car, and live in a big house in a safe neighborhood with good schools.... I will have a baby when I am approximately 94 years old.

Oh, and I hate popcorn and love avocadoes.  Because you were wondering.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:3f1934f8-734f-4a50-a9d8-d7eb424e2586">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like swedish fish AND sour candies.  I don't like candy corn.  If I wanted straight sugar, I'd just eat it from the bag.
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]
    But then it's not in cool, festive shapes!
    My Bio Updated 4/6/10
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_unpopular-opinions-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:4c8aafcb-5be7-48e9-ae0e-c3d4d11fed32Post:65e50424-0f3b-402e-b135-77611a02b921">Re: Unpopular Opinions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't realize this:  "I really am sorry if I offend, I tend to do that a lot. Oops! :)" was a sig.  I thought she was apologizing in EVERY post. I was thinking, "man, if you need to apologize that much, maybe you should take a break."
    Posted by wadingmoose[/QUOTE]

Lol, should I change it?
  • Annnnd, on the subject of SUV's- I live in a place where it snows a lot, and I still hate them.  I drive a teeny weeny car and have never had any problems getting around in the winter.  If you live off some back road in the mountains, and need to get out all the time- well then, sure, get an SUV.  But this is not the case for 90% of the SUV drivers in my state.  Most of them live in the city/suburbs where roads are regularly plowed.
  • Pirate- put up a picture, it helps people get to know you and remember you.  The sig is a little silly.
  • amysmommaamysmomma member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    I'm totally buying an SUV when my car is paid off.  But mostly because of the crappy, record breaking snow falls we get wear I live - and also because I would feel so much safer.

eta:  They don't plow regularly where I live, I'm waaay out in the country.

My friend got into an accident with an SUV not too long ago.  His car was totalled, SUV was fine. 
  • I think people who have more than one biological child are completely selfish.  People are starving, the Earth is dying, and there are numerous children in America (if you must have a Caucasian baby) that don't have stable healthy homes.
  • You know Georgia, as long as you have access to a credit card in an emergency, I've heard that having a huge emergency savings account isn't as necessary as some would have you believe.
    my read shelf:
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I don't know if living in Houston qualifies as a place that needs an SUV.

That doesn't stop me from wanting one. Does it make it better that I want a hybrid?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards