Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

How was your weekend??

Morning all!  Hope everyone's weekends were great.

I was homebound sat night through sunday due to hurricane irene...but it just ended up being very windy here, not rainy. spent the day watching TV, drinking wine, and finishing all my DIY lace votives!  The kids moved back in Saturday so I've also been spending a lot of time on meetings/meals with them.

Re: How was your weekend??

• edited December 2011
    Glad to hear you stayed safe this weekend! PIP your votives, they sound pretty.

We registered at BBB and Macys on Saturday. It was soo exhausting and we didn't even finish putting everything on! By the end I was just like I don't even care about pots and pans anymore can we just please go lol. We still have plenty of time to finish filling the registries out though so no big deal.

I also went on a marathon baking session yesterday for a work function this week. I made Oreo cookie truffles and peanut butter fudge, neither of which I had attempted before but both turned out fabulously!
    Married! :) 5/19/12 The Domesticals

• Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!!!  Wow!!!  It was absolutely beautiful out this morning when I walked the pups...a slight chill in the air...love it!!!  We had a great weekend.  I got caught up on a ton o'sleep.  Ahh-mazing!  I had my hair and makeup trial. We tried 3 different hairsyles.  I am going to leave it down.  I love it for the most part.  I want to tweak it a bit.  I want a little more down around my face and less makeup.  It was just to shimmery for me.  The whole process was a lot of fun though. 
    Our RSVPs are rolling in.  I love checking the mail Laughing

MD- Glad you had a safe weekend!  My family on Long Island still has no power.  PGH was awesome this weekend.  Good luck with the new students!

Mookow-I hear ya' on registering.  At the end of the day, I was like "Get me out of here".  We finished a lot of it online....very convenient.

Have a great week everyone!!

Oh...here are some pics.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mook/janice - i hear ya on registering... I did most of it online.  

janice- You look great, and I love your hair!! It's very similar to what I wanted to do with mine - your pictures are officially in my inspiration picture folder now!
  • edited December 2011
    janice, your hair is so pretty! I would love to wear my hair down for the wedding and curl it but my hair really hates curls. They hold for like 10 minutes and then they're gone.

• edited December 2011
    Hi Everyone!

So we also finished up our registry! We did Target and REI last weekend and Saturday we did one at Macy's. I still need to go online and tweek a few things, but after that everything is good to go! I think I am weird about shopping... I enjoyed registering for things and it was actually one of my favorite wedding planning to-dos so far. It is nice to have something checked off the list though. Now I will be stalking them even though we are months away from the wedding.

I also (finally) decided on my Save the Dates. I am ordering them tonight and will hopefully get them by the end of the week to start filling out. I'm planning on going to Louisville next weekend for another wedding and one of my bridesmaid who lives there will help me address them.

Other than that the weekend was spent at the water park (saturday), cleaning, taking a nap, walking around downtown with my FI, and dinner at the Hofbrauhaus (Sunday). Pretty good weekend.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Janice- Love the hair! I saw on facebook that you got it done and I was hoping for some pics!

Mook- Which Macy's did you register at? Maybe I passed you! lol

Md- Glad the hurricane passed you! And it sounds like you had a productive weekend on your candles!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey girls!  We had a super rainy Saturday but fortunately not the wind that they were telling us to expect.  Before the rain got too bad, I took my car for an emissions inspection because I didn't realize 2 months ago that it wasn't part of the vehicle inspection, haha.  I also went to Kinko's/Fed-Ex to have the program covers and inside pages printed. 

On Sunday I headed up to Maryland so 2 of my BM's could help me work on assembling the program.  These things are sooooo time consuming, so I ended up doing a lot more once I got home and still have more steps to finish. 

Janice - Love the hair!  It's so pretty:)

MD - Post pics of the lace votives!  Can't wait to see how they turned out!

Mookow - I was the same way with registering...excited when we started, exhausted and ready to go before we really finished. It's a huge task IMO!

Sari - Show us your STD's! Did you use a photo of the two of you?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

FI works on Saturdays, so we can't really do anything during the day together.  We went shopping at Tanger Outlets on Saturday night and he got me a cute peacoat.  Then we came back to the south hills area where we live and ate dinner at Bados Pizzeria and watched the Steeler game.

Sunday we slept in, went to a late breakfast and then I went shopping with a friend while he went riding and then to a work meeting.

CAN'T WAIT for this weekend as it's a 3 day weekend of relaxation!  We've always gone somewhere or done something big on 3 day weekends but I'm looking forward to being a blob with FI for the most part.

I'm jealous of all you lasdies getting things off your to-do lists checked off.  I think we are thisclose to finalizing our DJ/ceremony musicians.  I'm super excited about that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    sari- we were at the south hills location!

• edited December 2011
    Oh ok! I was over in the north hills... :-( And just think, we could have met!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards