Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Help with dresses!

I'm on a very tight budget for my wedding dress...under $500!

Can anyone recommend a place in Philadelphia or Bucks County that sells dress within my price range??

Obviously there is David's Bridal, but I would like to check other stores as well.

Thank you!

Re: Help with dresses!

• edited December 2011
    I can personally rec. David's Bridal because I got my dress there and it was around $700. Initially, I have to admit I was a snob about not wanting a dress from there, but I fell in love with mine and the price was a huge bonus!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine in Delaware- I saved on sales tax, which can make a difference. (you're looking at $30 bucks at least, at $500.) Mine is a maggie sottero, off the rack, clearance. And I paid cash, so they lowered the price even more. It fits perfectly, and I'm actually taking a little extra cash from our budget and getting the front of it changed a little. I got mine at the Bridal & Tuxedo shop on Kirkwood highway. Def. take a drive down 95 to check them out.

Alfred Angelo as well... they're in Lancaster, but still.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also got mine at the Bridal & Tuxedo Shoppe in Newark, Delaware... and they also have a sample rack, and those dresses are around $99.  I was concerned about price when I bought my dress, and I called B&TS before I went there, and the girl said the most expensive dress they carry in store is around $1600.  So if that's there TOP, then you'll be okay.

Wherever you go... say "look, this is my budget."  Even lowball it... and say that $400 is your budget.  I didn't want to spend over $1000 on mine, and I told them that I was looking in the $700-$800 range.  That way if they showed me a dress that was a little above the price I gave them, I was already okay with it.  Have an internal (you only) budget, and a budget # that you give to the sales people.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    definitely try davids.  if you do go to a bridal salon, you can ask to have the sample dress, they might sell it to you.  also, try not  looking in a bridal salon, you might be able to find a dress in a boutique.
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I never considered Delaware. Thanks so much for all of your help, everyone!!

Our wedding is eleven months away so I need to start looking! (we just got engaged this Christmas and are planning our wedding for 12/2/11)
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_dresses-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d228e0da-432f-4550-8e74-d6dece325f2aPost:5b98a86d-5ff9-4957-880e-530f234d4a1b">Re: Help with dresses!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can personally rec. David's Bridal because I got my dress there and it was around $700. Initially, I have to admit I was a snob about not wanting a dress from there, but I fell in love with mine and the price was a huge bonus!
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

I was the exact same way! I paid under $500 because it was during one of their sales.
  • edited December 2011
    Coronet Bridal in Feasterville has a ton of dresses and their top-price is under $2000, so they have a wide selection within your budget (mine was!).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • EiDuffyEiDuffy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    look for trunk sales too...and some shops are willing to negotiate price
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards