Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Things are coming together!

I just booked our DJ, Robert Pifer of Pifemasters, during my lunch break today! I feel so relieved as it is one big check off my list! I was starting to freak as I called different places and found out a lot of people were already booked.

So far, I have venues, photographer, my dress and BM dresses, and now DJ. I think I am going to take a breather until after Thanksgiving to talk with florists and bakers. Does anyone have any opinions on either? I'm so lost on florists and what they should/could cost. I think I am going to get my cake from Prantl's, so that's an easy one.

I find myself sometimes feeling very ovewhelmed with all I have left to do and other times feeling very calm and relaxed about it. Does anyone else ever feel bi-polar like this?!

Re: Things are coming together!

• Britt0412Britt0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I met with florist Val Brooks a few weeks ago and could not have been more pleased with her based on our initial consultation. Other members have recommended her, and I can see why.

I took a bunch of inspiration photos with me of things that I liked, and she immediately got the look and feel I was going for. She is a florist on the side, but she's been doing it for like 30 years and is very knowledgable. She told me if a specific flower was out of of season or otherwise ridiculously expensive. She gave me her honest opinion that I did not need a ton of flowers for the already stunning Heinz Chapel, even though that meant her not getting a larger sale. Her exact words: "spend that money somewhere else."  The quote she gave me was literally about half of what I was expecting to spend. Plus she was the nicest, friendlist woman ever - the kind of person I feel great about giving my money to. 

Send me a PM if you'd like more details!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards